Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FCB makes Deadspin

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FortyFour

Aug 7, 2008
Seems a little to promotional for FCB to be just a regular article...

Sure their was no money exchanged :D

cmixer

Aug 9, 2008
I don't know what DeadSpin is ... but all press is good press.
I'm glad to see the show gaining momentum

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
cmixer said:
I don't know what DeadSpin is ... but all press is good press.
I'm glad to see the show gaining momentum

They are the site responsible for the world seeing Favre's ****.

maxpower

Jan 6, 2010
boxbreaker44 said:
cgilmo said:
boxbreaker44 said:

if there was, what would it matter?
It wouldnt.

First, I think it's awesome that the FCB show is getting pub. I'm genuinely excited about it.

On the point of paid vs. organic publicity though, it absolutely matters in certain respects. If I'm a disinterested party, looking at the Deadspin appearance as a sign that FCB is going big time, then of course it matters whether FCB appeared because there is a groundswell of buzz about it, or because Daulerio thought it was a noteworthy story, or because money changed hands.

It's like assessing a college basketball player on whether he made the squad because he was all-state or because his daddy's name is on the arena. Either way, he's on the squad, but it still makes a difference.

FortyFour

Aug 7, 2008
maxpower said:
boxbreaker44 said:
cgilmo said:
boxbreaker44 said:

It wouldnt.

First, I think it's awesome that the FCB show is getting pub. I'm genuinely excited about it.

On the point of paid vs. organic publicity though, it absolutely matters in certain respects. If I'm a disinterested party, looking at the Deadspin appearance as a sign that FCB is going big time, then of course it matters whether FCB appeared because there is a groundswell of buzz about it, or because Daulerio thought it was a noteworthy story, or because money changed hands.

It's like assessing a college basketball player on whether he made the squad because he was all-state or because his daddy's name is on the arena. Either way, he's on the squad, but it still makes a difference.
I had something similar typed out but decided against being confrontational :lol:

bmc398

May 25, 2009
boxbreaker44 said:
maxpower said:
boxbreaker44 said:
cgilmo said:
boxbreaker44 said:

It wouldnt.

I had something similar typed out but decided against being confrontational :lol:
Its not confrontational at all. It poses an honest question. It looked like a hastily thrown together article, thats all im saying.

bmc398

May 25, 2009
CompleteGibberish said:
Those are some pricey figures for autographs.
Agree.

Can't see the typical Michael Vick fan dropping $90 for an auto

You'd think theyd want to get the guys to sign as cheaply as possible to bring in more foot traffic...

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
bmc398 said:
CompleteGibberish said:
Agree.

You'd think theyd want to get the guys to sign as cheaply as possible to bring in more foot traffic...

Under 100 for an autograph of a big current star is cheap, I don't know how many shows you go to, but that is cheap for shows I have been to. Almost any current Red Sox member costs at least 80 dollars at Boston shows.

rehmus

Mar 10, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
beefycheddar said:
bmc398 said:
CompleteGibberish said:
Agree.

Under 100 for an autograph of a big current star is cheap, I don't know how many shows you go to, but that is cheap for shows I have been to. Almost any current Red Sox member costs at least 80 dollars at Boston shows.

I paid $175 for Mark Bellhorn alone.

bmc398

May 25, 2009
rehmus said:
beefycheddar said:
bmc398 said:
CompleteGibberish said:
Agree.

Well, this ain't Boston. This town can barely support 2 20 table shows a month. Will be interesting to see if it can be pulled off.

The last "Big" Atlanta show left a lot to be desired and while the signing guests were great this just isnt a memorabilia rich town and even the cheap signers (Jay Bruce and Billy Butler) were sitting there with nothing to do.

CompleteGibberish

Sep 14, 2009
Yah,the last shows I did with Signers were in the 90's and at 15.00 an auto on flats and 25 on balls/Jersey

Good luck with your show. I do not think I will be able to attend

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
bmc398 said:
rehmus said:
beefycheddar said:
bmc398 said:
CompleteGibberish said:
Agree.

Well, this ain't Boston. This town can barely support 2 20 table shows a month. Will be interesting to see if it can be pulled off.

The last "Big" Atlanta show left a lot to be desired and while the signing guests were great this just isnt a memorabilia rich town and even the cheap signers (Jay Bruce and Billy Butler) were sitting there with nothing to do.

But when athletes know they can get paid somewhere one price, you have to pay them the same anywhere there is a show. The athletes don't care what town it is in or anything, just that they get paid one price somewhere, so that is their price everywhere.

CompleteGibberish

Sep 14, 2009
hehe, there is a show in Chattanooga with a 10.00 signer,some HOF footballer I have never heard of, on that weekend,that's more my speed :p

I hope you guys do better than breaking even there in Atlanta, I really do. WOuld be nice to see someone climb on top of the pile in this market.

Members online

Latest posts