Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is this Heyward Aflac Auto 2008 Fake?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
mwashuc06 said:
So the top one is fake, is the bottom one legit?

I'd say yes. They didn't use thin sharpies, which caused a lot of pooling on many of the autographs.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
chashawk said:
They're both blue, but the sigs are different

!CD12VGgCWk~$(KGrHqQOKj4E00U3F9qjBNP6CKPJq!~~_12.jpg !B9qF6VwCGk~$(KGrHqUOKjUEzF0y01tMBM6,H5I2I!~~_12.jpg

One is a thin probably a Staedler due to the lack of pooling of ink, the other that streaks was signed by Sharpie.

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
The one on the left was probably wiped and resigned, likely not by Heyward. The one on the right is consistent with every other AFLAC auto I have seen where the surface rejects the sharpie a bit and it leads to bubbling and streaks.

And to prevent "item not as described", chargebacks he never mentions the card was signed. He only shows a picture and lists it as the 2006 AFLAC as opposed to the 2008 Bowman. Stay far away from that one.

aaron41984

Jun 22, 2009
Vagrant said:
The one on the left was probably wiped and resigned, likely not by Heyward. The one on the right is consistent with every other AFLAC auto I have seen where the surface rejects the sharpie a bit and it leads to bubbling and streaks.

And to prevent "item not as described", chargebacks he never mentions the card was signed. He only shows a picture and lists it as the 2006 AFLAC as opposed to the 2008 Bowman. Stay far away from that one.

No need to wipe a card that has an unsigned version. The only thing that is supposed to verify authenticity of the "Topps Certified Autograph" is the holo sticker which we all know is an auto forgers dream since they are easily removed from crappy autos and reapplied.

Also, as previously mentioned there is not one legit Heyward Aflac Auto that features a sig that held to the card well since they were signed in sharpie on a glossy card.

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
The one on the left is in Sharpie, the one on the right is in Staedler Lumocolor. I dont understand why people love these markers, they leave streaks across the ink if anything touches them.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
jrinne said:
The one on the left is in Sharpie, the one on the right is in Staedler Lumocolor. I dont understand why people love these markers, they leave streaks across the ink if anything touches them.

The one on the right is a sharpie, that years team signed just with Sharpie's not Staedlers. I am friends with 2 players who were on that team and both said they signed with sharpies when they signed the cards.

chrisgillam

Sep 10, 2010
:lol: The one on the left must be fake, I've emailed the seller numerous times with questions due to this topic regarding the differences between the two and he will not respond back. ::facepalm:: The part that sucks is someone is going to spend good money on it before it's all said and done. I hope no one here is bidding on it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT

chrisgillam

Sep 10, 2010
:shock: Wow! He finally responded to my emails and of course he will not guarantee it....but he says it has a hologram. I quote: All I know is that from the research I did I believe the real ones to have the hologram.

Dear chrisgillam.619,

I bought the card from another ebay member under the notion that this is a real autographed card. So from my understanding it is real. I however will not guarantee the origin of the autograph since I do not know how it was put on there. All I know is that from the research I did I believe the real ones to have the hologram. I bought it from this guy slugsports. If you don't think it's real don't bid on it. Thanks!

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
The last line being most telling to me. Please, if you don't think this autograph is real don't call my bluff and purchase it. That way, i'll have to give you a refund when it comes back fake. Let me pass it off on somebody that does think it's real.

mancini79

Jul 9, 2010
A couple months ago another user here had concerns over this exact same card. General consensus then was that it's a fake. The "J" in Jason isn't accurate to the original ones. Being that it sold the last time, this seems to be a different seller this time. Maybe he realized he go taken for and now pawning it off to the next person.

Members online