Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

***I really need help/advice from you guys***

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kris24bryan

Jan 28, 2011
My son recently got a Bowman Sterling 6 jersey/6 autograph booklet featuring Tebow/Bradford/Clausen/etc. etc. as a prize for making it thru his first radiation treatment, and to our dismay we noticed that the ink boarders inside the card somehow got smeared or melted or something pretty badly during the printing or laminating process. The reason I'm sure this is printing damage and not anything that we might have done because the finishing lamination is perfectly smooth/shiny.

Anyway, are any of you gentlemen or ladies familiar with the Bowman/Topps replacement policy on factory-damaged cards or if such a thing even exists? I wouldn't really care normally, but considering the importance of collecting cards is to my kiddo and how something as simple as 6 autographs from his football heros help keep his spirits up, it's a bummer that it's damaged...

Help please! Also, I'm not sure how to post pictures since I'm new on here. If any of you need to see pictures of the card, hook me up with the steps on how to do so.

Thanks,
Kris

kris24bryan

Jan 28, 2011
mstng99tim said:
Kris - upload the pic to photobucket. Once it's uploaded, copy the IMG tag (as shown below) and paste it here where you normally type at.

photobuckettag.jpg

Will do as soon as we get home in about 20 minutes. Thanks for the tip.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
kris24bryan said:
mstng99tim said:
Kris - upload the pic to photobucket. Once it's uploaded, copy the IMG tag (as shown below) and paste it here where you normally type at.

photobuckettag.jpg

Will do as soon as we get home in about 20 minutes. Thanks for the tip.
You're welcome.

I'm interested to see what you are describing. Sounds like a hell of card, that's too bad that it's damaged.

How is your son handling the radiation treatments?

kris24bryan

Jan 28, 2011
He's a little stud when it comes to his treatments. I've never seen so much strength and bravery in an eight year old.

Anyway, here are some photos...

The card in question:
IMAG0447.jpg
Damage above one signature:
IMAG0441.jpg
Here's examples of how it's still shiny in the messed up area:
IMAG0445.jpg
IMAG0446.jpg

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
1st- DO NOT send that in for any kind of replacement or fix.
2nd- that is minimal should/will not have an overall affect on value what so ever.

Very sweet card

GL to your son :grouphug:

kris24bryan

Jan 28, 2011
Oh and he just pointed out these errors too (he seriously stares at this thing non-stop.
If you look to the left of Tebow's signature, there's a large air bubble under the sticker:
IMAG0443.jpg

And the lower left of the Demaryius Thomas signature, a piece of the cardboard it's mounted on is missing, hence the white spot:
IMAG0444.jpg

Do they check these things before they package them our what??

kris24bryan

Jan 28, 2011
wheeler281 said:
1st- DO NOT send that in for any kind of replacement or fix.
2nd- that is minimal should/will not have an overall affect on value what so ever.

Very sweet card

GL to your son :grouphug:
Thanks dude. I'll let him know you sent a group hug his way. Hahaha!

Anyway, is Topps bad at returning stuff you send them to fix? Did you personally have a bad experience with them?

jubei777

Aug 7, 2008
i'd hold it. don't trust topps at all on replacements, especially high end. it's a great card. gl

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
If you send that in, the chances of getting the same card in replacement is pretty low. Hence the reason people are saying don't send it in. More than likely, Topps will send some jersey/patch cards and maybe an auto or two to replace that card. Some of the imperfections are not aesthetically pleasing, but since he loves that card so much, I would just hang on to it.

Glad to hear that your son handles his treatments well. Thoughts and prayers to him, you, and your family.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
kris24bryan said:
He's a little stud when it comes to his treatments. I've never seen so much strength and bravery in an eight year old.
That's awesome to hear. I saw first hand what radiation does to a person, so it's good to hear that he's handling it well.

As others have mentioned, keep the card, Topps won't be able to replace it with a card equally as nice.

seahawks4ever

Apr 24, 2009
Washington State
First off, best of luck to your kid on the treatment!

On the card, it is also possible to get that air bubble out yourself. I had to do it on several of my 2006 Leaf Limited Darryl Tapp monikers autos. You just have to be really, really careful if you decide to try it. You can take something rounded (and I mean perfectly rounded...no jagged stuff on it) and carefully push the bubble to the end of the sticker. I was able to do that with three of the Tapp's and no damage came of it.

Take that with a grain of salt though, as my Tapp autos cost around $10 each, while your card has a heck of a lot more value.

Last, to echo everyone else, do NOT send that card in. Topps, in my experience, is AWFUL at quality control and will likely not send that card back...although you probably know about Topps quality control just by looking at that card (3 nice white stickers and 3 ugly foil stickers).

I would probably just keep the card. It's a great card no matter what!

jamuser304

Apr 24, 2009
seahawks4ever said:
First off, best of luck to your kid on the treatment!

On the card, it is also possible to get that air bubble out yourself. I had to do it on several of my 2006 Leaf Limited Darryl Tapp monikers autos. You just have to be really, really careful if you decide to try it. You can take something rounded (and I mean perfectly rounded...no jagged stuff on it) and carefully push the bubble to the end of the sticker. I was able to do that with three of the Tapp's and no damage came of it.

Take that with a grain of salt though, as my Tapp autos cost around $10 each, while your card has a heck of a lot more value.

Last, to echo everyone else, do NOT send that card in. Topps, in my experience, is AWFUL at quality control and will likely not send that card back...although you probably know about Topps quality control just by looking at that card (3 nice white stickers and 3 ugly foil stickers).

I would probably just keep the card. It's a great card no matter what!

I wouldn't attempt that. It might be a different story of the stickers were on the card itself, but since they are trapped, there is no way of getting a bubble out. Either way, hold onto the card. It looks it pretty good shape, and Topps is horrible at most things they do.

Members online

Latest posts