Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Buck Showalter signed jersey

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
My friend bought a Russell (size 44) authentic (no name on back) Diamondbacks jersey that was signed 2 or 3 years ago for about $3 at a thrift store, and when he bought it, I didn't recognize the name. Recently, he wanted to sell it too me. I asked if I could take it and photo match it (he was fine with it, he doesn't do sports cards so he didn't know).

I google imaged a Showalter autograph, and it looks really good. It also seems to be in a perfect spot for an autograph as well.

No pics right now, I am off to get some.

If it's real, I will definitely pop the deal on this one... it will be nice to display

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
Re: Are Buck Showalter autographs forged a lot?

Most forged signatures:

Mickey Mantle, Ted Williams, Babe Ruth, Buck Showalter in that order.

abeabe

Oct 3, 2010

Im pretty sure Showalter moved up to 3rd on most forged autograph list ;)

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008

Just a heads up just because an autograph is not forged much dont mean its authentic. I have seen tons of sellers on ebay take 3 cent cards fake a worthless autograph and sell it for $3.00. Not saying yours is not authentic either but dont base your opinion on an amount that an autograph is forged or by its value.

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008

The jersey would be worth more unsigned, so it's probably a real signature.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota

17ROCKIES12 said:

Are his signatures that worthless? The $3 for the jersey was probably a decent deal...

It's too small for anyone older to wear, it has no name on the back, and it's from '98 (according to the patch on the shoulder).

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008

TBTwinsFan said:
17ROCKIES12 said:

Are his signatures that worthless? The $3 for the jersey was probably a decent deal...

It's too small for anyone older to wear, it has no name on the back, and it's from '98 (according to the patch on the shoulder).
His autos are worth about as much as the average former player or manager who isn't a tough signer. $3 is about as cheap as a jersey can get. The fact that it is an inaugural Dbacks jersey signed by the first manager makes it a cool piece around that price.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Ahh, that's right it is an inaugural season... I can't believe I didn't remember that, I was wondering why a special patch on a jersey? ::facepalm::

It's made by Russell too, didn't they make the MLB ones back then?

Any case, I plan to offer him about $10 for the jersey.

Ian Stewart

Aug 7, 2008
TelePlayer22 said it best.

TelePlayer22 said:
I can't figure out if your posts are extremely entertaining, unbalanced, or what. It's remarkable.

Words cannot accurately describe TBTwinsFan's post. They're so insightful into such mundane affairs, they're almost unbelievable.

One thing is certain though, he is my favorite poster on Freedom Card Board.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Ian Stewart said:
TelePlayer22 said it best.

TelePlayer22 said:
I can't figure out if your posts are extremely entertaining, unbalanced, or what. It's remarkable.

Words cannot accurately describe TBTwinsFan's post. They're so insightful into such mundane affairs, they're almost unbelievable.

One thing is certain though, he is my favorite poster on Freedom Card Board.

Glad I am here for your entertainment.

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
I bought a buck ball recently. I liked his style when he was in New York. And you know why they call him buck?

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
TBTwinsFan said:
js0000001 said:
I bought a buck ball recently. I liked his style when he was in New York. And you know why they call him buck?

No I don't, why?

From his wikipedia article

According to interviews with Buck, he has said it was around this time he was given the nickname "Buck," as he tended to hang out in the locker room "Buck" naked

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
js0000001 said:
TBTwinsFan said:
js0000001 said:

No I don't, why?

From his wikipedia article

According to interviews with Buck, he has said it was around this time he was given the nickname "Buck," as he tended to hang out in the locker room "Buck" naked

:shock:

Members online