Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

We need more auctions like this!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TwinsRube

Jan 29, 2011
I'm sure this is a LLOONNGGG way away - but think we'll ever get to point where 80's and 90's cards do get a little harder to find because so many people are throwing them out or in this case, heating their home with them?!

I apologize if my question is stupid, forgive me, it's morning haha

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
TwinsRube said:
I'm sure this is a LLOONNGGG way away - but think we'll ever get to point where 80's and 90's cards do get a little harder to find because so many people are throwing them out or in this case, heating their home with them?!

I apologize if my question is stupid, forgive me, it's morning haha

there will never be a day you will see this happen.. just look at how many auctions there are for unopened cases, boxes and packs of this stuff still and think about how much has already been opened up over the years. This guy could burn away all winter long for the next few years and not even put a dent in the population.

I might check his blog every now and then to see his progress though.. and I think he should open it up to more than just 87.

Exposfan

Mar 16, 2009
Hartland, WI
I think the auction would be better maybe if you could pick the cards specifically he burns, or instead of shipping maybe send a video of him burning what you bought.

Bruin7

Aug 7, 2008
FL
That IS funny. Oddly enough that was the first baseball card set my Dad gave me.

Allen

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
Ive burned a few of those and other late 80's early 90's products in my firepit in the past.. seems like a sacreligious thing to do as a card collector. I have a box to throw in this spring that I've been saving up.

I think that guy is going to have to video all his burns and add to his blog.. Im sure he will receive mixed reviews from collectors if his blog takes off from the Ebay auction publicity.

Members online

Latest posts