Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

READ THIS THREAD - For Sellers Who Get DSR DINGS.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sweetness

Mar 1, 2009
I've read about people getting banned for DSR ratings.

When a buyer leaves positive feedback THEY CAN NOT LEAVE 1's or 2's!!! It is considered an abuse of the feedback system and Ebay WILL remove that specific feedback! Any seller that recieved a 1 or 2 with a positve feedback can call 877 322 9081. They will connect you trust and safety.

Sellers are getting banned for DSR violations needlessly!!!

I repeat if you receive a 1 or 2 DSR with a positve it can be fought and will get removed!!!

This is important knowledge for any seller!!! Even though you may not be in jeopardy of getting banned it can affect future or current Top Rated Seller status(20% off of your Fees)!!!

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
Good to know. I have only had one person leave me all 1's but I don't check my feedback every time I receive one so I have no idea who left it

danimal

Dec 28, 2009
How does a seller know which feedback received a 1 or 2? For example I received 2 - 1 stars in November on 750 positive feedbacks, will trust and safety be able to tell who left them?

SamHell

Jun 12, 2010
Texas
Jastermereel said:
It used to be that you couldn't leave DSRs if you left negative feedback. Has this changed?
I left negative feedback for a seller a couple of days ago. It let me rate DSR's.

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
I just called Ebay and asked about what the OP posted. I was told by a CSR that there is no such policy. However, I was told that the Trust and Safety team does conduct periodic feedback reviews and will remove the low DSR marks that certain buyers leave if they determine that the buyers are repeatedly leaving 1's and 2's while leaving positive FB, as that is indeed abuse of the feedback system, and these buyers will also be suspended.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
this isn't true. After reading your message, I immediately called ebay and said your statement:

>>>I repeat if you receive a 1 or 2 DSR with a positve it can be fought and will get removed!!!

And they said that is absolutely not true.
They said if you fight a negative fb, and the negative fb gets removed the DSR's for that fb will also be removed, but you cant just request low dsrs be removed just because you don't have a negative fb

bigpapiMA32

Aug 7, 2008
Monterey, CA
How do you know if someone has given you a one or a two, does it show up somewhere? I thought all DSRs were confidential to protect the buyer.

Zithy

Sep 18, 2008
cmnkb8 said:
I just called Ebay and asked about what the OP posted. I was told by a CSR that there is no such policy. However, I was told that the Trust and Safety team does conduct periodic feedback reviews and will remove the low DSR marks that certain buyers leave if they determine that the buyers are repeatedly leaving 1's and 2's while leaving positive FB, as that is indeed abuse of the feedback system, and these buyers will also be suspended.

I posted about this in another thread. I received 11 bad DSR's one day when among the people leaving feedback, one left 11 positive feedbacks. Pretty easy to figure out who did the DSR bombs. There was a page I found(cannot find it now, but am positive it was there) about feedback abuse that stated exactly what the OP said - if you leave positive feedback, you can't leave 1-2s for DSRs. And I received them in every category.

Also, I did notice my feedback drop by one and realized that Ebay removed someone's feedback and some bad DSRs without me doing or saying anything. How they didn't catch the 11 bad ones I do not know.

I think if you receive low DSR's while getting positive feedbacks from everyone, you should call and see if they will remove the bad DSR.

Sweetness

Mar 1, 2009
hofautos said:
this isn't true. After reading your message, I immediately called ebay and said your statement:

>>>I repeat if you receive a 1 or 2 DSR with a positve it can be fought and will get removed!!!

And they said that is absolutely not true.
They said if you fight a negative fb, and the negative fb gets removed the DSR's for that fb will also be removed, but you cant just request low dsrs be removed just because you don't have a negative fb

Who ever you spoke to was wrong and should have hung up and called back.

This is a fact - Ebay will remove the 1's and 2's given w/ positives. I

Sweetness

Mar 1, 2009
danimal said:
How does a seller know which feedback received a 1 or 2? For example I received 2 - 1 stars in November on 750 positive feedbacks, will trust and safety be able to tell who left them?

That i don't know. I know who left mine so I called and they were able to look it up and take care of it.

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
Jastermereel said:
You have to constantly monitor your Dashboard.
You know I was wrongly accused by a seller of lowering his DSR's. Here is the exact feedback I left, "AWESOME SELLER, VERY FAST SHIPPING, 5 STAR TRANSACTION. MAHALO! AAAAA+++++=". I left him 5's across the board and the next day received several accusatory messages. I don't know what happened but I was happy with the deal and left glowing feedback and DSR's. He told me he monitors his DSR's daily and it wasn't until I left feedback that they went down. Whatever ::facepalm::

Sweetness

Mar 1, 2009
I just got off the phone:

For the doubters I took a snip before phone call:

DSR.jpg

and after(jerk must have also gave me 3's for shipping cost and item described):

DSR2.jpg

They will do it. You have to know who left the DSR in question which could be a prob. but I knew this guy would F me b/c I opened a non-paying buyer dispute and he freaked out.

Sweetness

Mar 1, 2009
I was on the phone for ever. I got hung up on once, hung up on once when being transfered. The next time they sent me to trust and safety and a msg. said they were closed. Finally I got to speak with trust and safety and they finally did it.

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
Sweetness said:
I was on the phone for ever. I got hung up on once, hung up on once when being transfered. The next time they sent me to trust and safety and a msg. said they were closed. Finally I got to speak with trust and safety and they finally did it.

It's possible the feedback you referred to may have been deemed by Ebay Trust and Safety as abuse after review. However, I doubt that ALL 1's and 2's left by buyers will be seen as such. Figuring out the exact feedback you need adjusted is difficult, although not impossible. Plus, you had to jump thru hoops to speak with someone in Trust & Safety, no?

To go thru this process every time you get a 1 or 2 would be a lot of work. However, if you have 1's and 2's piling up, or are at risk of losing Top Rated status, this could help.

bigpapiMA32

Aug 7, 2008
Monterey, CA
I just called and talked to someone in trust and safety and the woman said it would be "impossible" to trace what buyer had left the bad DSRs on my account....even when I knew user's ID and the item number. Load of bull. I'm calling again and seeing if I can get a rep like the one you got...

bigpapiMA32

Aug 7, 2008
Monterey, CA
bigpapiMA32 said:
I just called and talked to someone in trust and safety and the woman said it would be "impossible" to trace what buyer had left the bad DSRs on my account....even when I knew user's ID and the item number. Load of bull. I'm calling again and seeing if I can get a rep like the one you got...

Okay, this time got a rep who was more willing to help. She filed a report that the feedback will be investigated to see whether the buyer for the specific item # I gave her manipulated the feedback system (left a positive with a 1 or a 2). She said it would take 48-72 hours and that I would not be contacted but the low DSRs would be removed if I am right (which I'm 99% sure I am).

Members online