Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

First product in 2 years and completely hosed by topps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matsuicollector

Aug 7, 2008
So i bought my first hobby box in over 2 years, which was a topps jumbo, with 3 guaranteed hits. So, I'm going through the packs, and first thing I hit is a hunter pence leather thingy, which was a rough first hit. Anyway, I go on hoping for better things and I finally get to the last 2 packs. At this point I'm thinking it's wierd that the two packs at the bottom would have the last 2 hits...well, it seems that I was right to think that it would be weird for the last 2 hits to be in the last 2 packs because there weren't any at all. ::facepalm:: I think this is the reason I stopped buying wax.

bigpapiMA32

Aug 7, 2008
Monterey, CA
For missing and or Damaged Cards …

Please note that the policy of the Topps Company regarding the request for missing product items for all current year products requires that the consumer include the following items with their submission:

1) A letter of explanation
2) A copy of sales receipt
3) All pack wrappers & or mini boxes from the product
4) The UPC code (bar code) from the Main box

This should be sent to:

The Topps Company, Inc.
ATTN: Consumer Relations
401 York Ave.
Duryea, PA 18642

We will then review your issue and begin taking steps toward rectifying it, please allow 2-4 weeks for delivery.

from http://topps.com/contactus/cs.html

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
bigpapiMA32 said:

Please note that the policy of the Topps Company regarding the request for missing product items for all current year products requires that the consumer include the following items with their submission:

This should be sent to:

The Topps Company, Inc.
401 York Ave.
Duryea, PA 18642

We will then review your issue and begin taking steps toward rectifying it, please allow 2-4 weeks for delivery.

Topps-- "Here at Topps, your satisfaction is Job 1. So if you have any issues with our products, here's an errand to run that you weren't planning on doing. Make sure you go out of your way to help fix something that WE screwed up. Because we're Topps, we don't care, and we don't have too."

Matsuicollector

Aug 7, 2008
rebelpawn said:
Don't worry Topps will take care of you... With the two crappiest hits possible. That's just how they roll.

I hear ya. This has happened before. I'm lose to just saying f-it because I'll probably just get a $2 GU & auto. Or 2 more of those leather things :evil: ::facepalm::

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Matsuicollector said:
rebelpawn said:
Don't worry Topps will take care of you... With the two crappiest hits possible. That's just how they roll.

I hear ya. This has happened before. I'm lose to just saying f-it because I'll probably just get a $2 GU & auto. Or 2 more of those leather things :evil: ::facepalm::
you'd be lucky there, because people are going to spend stupid $$ on those things.

Matsuicollector

Aug 7, 2008
Jeff N. said:
Sorry about your luck. That being said, you werne't likely to get more than a $2 GU anyway.

You know what, you're probably right. Now i remember why i stopped buying packs/boxces

padremurph

Aug 7, 2010
It sucks, happened to me with Ginter when I got 0 hits. What really sucks is, half the reason for busting wax is the "experience" which is shot when you don't get the guaranteed hits. Topps, instead of making up for totally failing the customer by at least replacing the missing hits with decent hits, sends you the two crappiest hits in the product which isn't worth the postage to send the wrappers back in the first place.

I honestly don't have as many problems with Topps as others but this is one issue that really grinds my gears.

Matsuicollector

Aug 7, 2008
padremurph said:
It sucks, happened to me with Ginter when I got 0 hits. What really sucks is, half the reason for busting wax is the "experience" which is shot when you don't get the guaranteed hits. Topps, instead of making up for totally failing the customer by at least replacing the missing hits with decent hits, sends you the two crappiest hits in the product which isn't worth the postage to send the wrappers back in the first place.

I honestly don't have as many problems with Topps as others but this is one issue that really grinds my gears.

This is exactly true. I don't expect to make my money back. Buying packs/boxes is sort of like buying a service, a fun time for however long it takes you to open the packs and trade/sell the goodies. However, that fun time is definitely blown when 2/3 of your hits are gone.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
cgilmo said:
JoshHamilton said:
miguelcabrera said:
hate to say it but serves you right for having posada in your sig

Quality response

we thought so too!

In fact, we liked it so much that he got another vacation for it.

good lord, how many is this for miggy?

op, yeah, it does happen time to time to the best of us...you can send out a letter to topps with the upc, receipt, letter of explanation and should be taken care of...

good luck and hope you get some nice hits!

dave

Matsuicollector

Aug 7, 2008
bigpapiMA32 said:

This should be sent to:

The Topps Company, Inc.
401 York Ave.
Duryea, PA 18642

Well, I don't know if this is common knowledge or not, though it probably is, but you don't have to send anything in anymore. It can all be done electronically. Here's what the Topps site says.

If you failed to receive a card within the stated odds printed on its respective packaging and have a scanner. Please contact Topps Customer Service electronically for replacements, eliminating the need to mail items in.

"Please email [email protected] and include your name and address, along with digital pictures in PDF format which must include the UPC symbol from the box with either an "X" or hole punched through the center also please provide the date of submission written on the UPC, and a copy of the store receipt evidencing the purchase. Once we receive this email and confirm, we will expedite the process and ship your missing hit."

notoriousrmb

Aug 7, 2008
Above Ground
Matsuicollector said:
Well, I don't know if this is common knowledge or not, though it probably is, but you don't have to send anything in anymore. It can all be done electronically. Here's what the Topps site says.

If you failed to receive a card within the stated odds printed on its respective packaging and have a scanner. Please contact Topps Customer Service electronically for replacements, eliminating the need to mail items in.

"Please email [email protected] and include your name and address, along with digital pictures in PDF format which must include the UPC symbol from the box with either an "X" or hole punched through the center also please provide the date of submission written on the UPC, and a copy of the store receipt evidencing the purchase. Once we receive this email and confirm, we will expedite the process and ship your missing hit."

I tried this for my Bowman Draft box with missing hits and got a form letter response pasted from their website to send everything in...their service is beyond horrific.

Matsuicollector

Aug 7, 2008
notoriousrmb said:
Matsuicollector said:

I tried this for my Bowman Draft box with missing hits and got a form letter response pasted from their website to send everything in...their service is beyond horrific.

Fantastic, I thought I could at least save on the postage. Well, I just sent it in. Hopefully I have better luck with the customer service than with the box itself.

rimcdonald

May 22, 2010
I bought a case of 09 Ginter which didn't contain a case hit. I'm still waiting for a replacement 1.5 years later.

abeabe

Oct 3, 2010
They alledgedy try to replace with a similar #'ed item or simiar valued player. Sometimes they just ask who you like, which automatic answer is Pujols, Trout, Posey, Heward, Harper or whoever else is selling like hotcakes at the time. Hopefully you'll see 2 nice auto's as your replacement hits.

Members online