Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

shout out to brentandbecca

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
I was about to buy some 2011 topps baseball and then I saw what you pulled out of your 13 cases.....thanks for saving me some money.

Kevin

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
1) Beginning of the season
2) The newest product
3) coming off the heels of some really bad products..topps chrome, bow chrome...etc
4) some newer insert stuff

since when was it ok to count manufactured patches as a hit? Jumbo's selling for 120+ and you get one crappy
GU and one stickered auto???

Obviously topps is doing something right in order to command these prices, but dang.

I do like the diamond inserts cards and the golds are amazing.

Kevin

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
excel_B said:
Why would anyone buy Topps Series 1?!!?!?

Because if you list everything immediately, including your inserts, you have a great chance of turning a profit. It is the most consistently good product ROI wise in baseball if you sell immediately.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
schmidtfan20 said:
2) The newest product
3) coming off the heels of some really bad products..topps chrome, bow chrome...etc

since when was it ok to count manufactured patches as a hit? Jumbo's selling for 120+ and you get one crappy

Obviously topps is doing something right in order to command these prices, but dang.

Kevin

+ besides its the most popular product out there.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
How would you like to open 19 cases and the best 3 autos are Kaline, Cano and Crawford. OUCH

brentandbecca

May 17, 2010
boys boys boys, per case i make more money on base topps than any product all year, no joke
that is one reason it is more heavily ripped and produced than any other product all year...

In 1 jumbo case you get a master set (currently sells for $110-$120)... 6 base sets (sold 90% offline at $25 dlvd, but they can go higher/lower)... 60 diamond giveaways (sold for $2/each)...plus 30 golds/60 platinums (avg $1 each as i sell sets for $350 for 330 cards)
there is $470-$80 which is what i paid for the cases
then you have diamond sparkles selling $25-$75 1 per case, 2 sp hof legends that sell $8-$25 each, black borders, extra inserts, 18 hits (6 autos, 6 gu relics, & 6 leather glove cards), plus many other items, such as rarties, 1/1, and other items...
the big case breakers break this in droves, very inexpensive and huge demand

i know i know it's not prospecting, and YES Heritage is my favorite by far...
but if you list early even common autos sell for $10-$20 and you get 6 a case...

typically i can avg $250-$300/case profit over the past 3 years per series of topps base, but I also have large customers I deal with offline...
I just sold 21 of my 26 sp diamond cards offline plus same guy paid $600 for these 4 cards in the picture...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

we wouldn't do this if we did not have fun or did not take home some bread, way too much sorting, lol
the brooks robinson redemption is #6 auto relic
plus I pulled 4 1/1 All-Star Game Letter Jersey Patches including Heyward 'A'

so much can be hit in this in qty and look...cases are already up $200-$300... that should not and does not always happen but the numbers are still very strong on base topps
just no fun for the prospectors, i know
don't forget i bust those too...
i bust things that I can profit on at least 30%+ after fees and that is just 7 products a year... sometimes there are a few rare releases but if i stick to those (and not be stupid like i was with topps chrome then we should all be okay)

BUT if topps keeps saying one thing on the sell sheets & delivering another, and ebay/paypal make it tough, and postage climbs, and gov't taxes, it will not only get tougher, but less fun & time to move on & hang with wife & kids... that day may be sooner than I ever hoped, but this is my 15 year doing big qty 1996-2011 and on ebay, so who knows...

have a good one fellas

brentandbecca

May 17, 2010
schmidtfan20 said:
I was about to buy some 2011 topps baseball and then I saw what you pulled out of your 13 cases.....thanks for saving me some money.

Kevin

and why are you always so negative...man, i need a shower...
I love Heritage (probably more than you, lol, if that is possible) & break tons of it too
BUT there would be NO Heritage if not for base Topps and there are other good products besides it
especially as far as % return on cases

but c'mon, it is not bad

NO ONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND BUYS BASE TOPPS FOR THE AUTOS!!! those are just bonuses, especially if fast on listing
We buy it to make the sets, and parallel sets...the rest is gravy

brentandbecca

May 17, 2010
schmidtfan20 said:
2) The newest product

Kevin

ok, this is better, lol
again, some may buy a box for a hit, but breakers don't, we know the tough autos are tough

brentandbecca

May 17, 2010
James52411 said:
excel_B said:
Why would anyone buy Topps Series 1?!!?!?

Because if you list everything immediately, including your inserts, you have a great chance of turning a profit. It is the most consistently good product ROI wise in baseball if you sell immediately.

correct, along with heritage :)

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
Brent no need to defend yourself I have you as a saved seller
i always know you will bmake big time breaks and
if I want a certain card I assume you would have it
Keep it up eff the others oh yea Shmidtfan
Pujols>Howard

brentandbecca

May 17, 2010
craiger122003 said:
Brent no need to defend yourself I have you as a saved seller
i always know you will bmake big time breaks and
if I want a certain card I assume you would have it
Keep it up eff the others oh yea Shmidtfan
Pujols>Howard

lol, thanks
i actually like kevin, just find him humorous at times
wanted to share some pics as those mostly won't hit the bay, and that good stuff does come from even base topps, so more defending the product
BUT like i say they can not promise one thing & deliver another (like with the golds) gets tougher to have all the cards people ask me for
i do enjoy the product overall & kevin recognizes some of it's strong points

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
Cmon Brent, you have to bust your @#@ off to make a profit and the price that you pay for a case isn't the norm. Im joe card collector off the street...I'm not going to be picking up a hobby box for 45 dollars, I will be pay more than that. I won't be selling base sets for 25 bucks and my packs for .......

What are my real chances of spending 140 bucks or so on two boxes and being happy? Remember when you could
pull on card autographs of guys like Bonds, Pujols and Arod? I asked you your top three hits out of all those cases
and one of them was Carl Crawford! When did topps get this bad?

and what is with all the manufactored garbage? Are you really happy with that? Wasn't it not too long ago when those
huge patches were all over the place in base topps? You pulled two and one was a dud.

I guess if base topps hadn't been so nice before then I wouldn't be having the conversation, but topps has put little
to no effort into this product....fake leather cards...fake jersey cards, unmatched stickers autos. Topps trying to
tell us that base card short prints are valuable and we should buy it when it costs them nothing to print these up.

Sadly heritage is moving down this road, even though I think this year will be a nice surprise, but like you said, what
topps says pre-production is usually different from what comes out in the product.

Once again I thank you for your info on these sets, you have been very helpful the past year or so. Good Luck with
your heritage pulls!

Kevin

brentandbecca

May 17, 2010
Kevin, not sure you see the whole picture here, but you make some points.
TELL ME...WHAT PRODUCT CAN YOU OPEN 1-2 BOXES FOR AT RETAIL & 100% ALWAYS BE HAPPY?
ZERO!!!!!!!
Heritage is one of the worst, as you MIGHT get a $2 clubhouse jersey and can't make a base set without SP, horrible!!!
In base topps EVERY box makes a full base set...
and you could sell them on ebay now as they are moving $23-$27 + shipping, i sell bulk offline for most part but 90% of my singles go thru ebay (just not the super high end usually)

Sure some products deliver more consistently, but with base topps, you get a set, tons of inserts 3 hits, plus SP legends, blacks, golds, etc... that is why it is so good, super high content/value...
personally i don't care of player selection, sure the arods & pujols would be nice & they are there just SUPER limited...when they each sign only 100-200 cards, but there is 1,000,000 packs the odds are tough! but if you got them all the time the value of those autos would drop

There is just many Topps packs to hit that stuff, but since when did base Topps be about the hits or the autos? Not in forever, it is not an OH I WANT THAT AUTO PRODUCT like say a Heritage or exquisite or whatnot... that is just a bonus, simple as that...adds some value to the base stuff

why sit around & bash or be negative all day, that has to waste time & cause serious health issues, my friend
i know you don't break it or collect it, that is fine, but most baseball do, the highest % than any other set hence the production being 10 times more than a heritage and factory sets etc etc etc
Per average box you get more VALUE and ROI than any other product consistently... not talking about the luck of the tougher or big hits

Good Luck Kevin, see you next month with Heritage
sure hope production is not up to much or you may not be too thrilled

PS- I may bust my *** off. BUT this is super fun...Late nights & high demands...sure. But lots of profit-fun-cards. What more could you ask for....
I just love cards my friend, and keep several...And base Topps is a huge part of that for me & many others
There are several who bust this & do very well, of course it takes time, practice, and good pricing, plus great repeat buyers OFF & ON line...

Members online

Latest posts