Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Are anyone else's card shops extremely overpriced?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island
There is one that is 3 minutes away from my house, and that is the only one close to where I live. I cannot believe how they are still in business. Just went there a few minutes ago just to buy a few packs and it's ridiculous how much they want for boxes. $110 for 08 bowman draft, $110 for 08 donruss elite, $280 for 07 bowmans best, $140 for 07 sp authentic, and $320 for 08 topps sterling! those are just some of the prices I can remember off the top of my head. A few weeks ago I went there and asked them the price on the cheapest box of cards they had. $80 for 07 fleer ultra or 06 ud ovation!!!!!! :evil:

anyone else have this problem?

btw, I pulled a gordon beckham auto out of 2 packs of 08 draft :D

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
Well.....you can make $500 two different ways...."service" 5 hot chicks for $100 each or 100 fat chicks for $5 each.....take your pick.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
While those prices seem a bit extreme, you have to understand that shop owners have overhead and necessarily have to charge more than ebay...

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island
JEA2880 said:
While those prices seem a bit extreme, you have to understand that shop owners have overhead and necessarily have to charge more than ebay...

I always look at threads where I see people buying boxes from there local shop. Never did I see prices this crazy!

Wes

OG
Administrator
numba1yankeefan said:
There is one that is 3 minutes away from my house, and that is the only one close to where I live. I cannot believe how they are still in business. Just went there a few minutes ago just to buy a few packs and it's ridiculous how much they want for boxes. $110 for 08 bowman draft, $110 for 08 donruss elite, $280 for 07 bowmans best, $140 for 07 sp authentic, and $320 for 08 topps sterling! those are just some of the prices I can remember off the top of my head. A few weeks ago I went there and asked them the price on the cheapest box of cards they had. $80 for 07 fleer ultra or 06 ud ovation!!!!!! :evil:

anyone else have this problem?

btw, I pulled a gordon beckham auto out of 2 packs of 08 draft :D

That's outrageous even for a shop - I think my local shop has 08 BDP for about 80.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
it is kinda annoying, but it's tough for them to make money if they don't mark up their stuff...especially wax. The way I see it, you are paying a small premium for the convenience of being able to take your purchases home with you immediately as opposed to waiting for them to be delivered to you.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
There used to be 7 shops within a half hours drive from me, now there is 1 and they are extremely overpriced. I too only use them for supplies, but they even charge too much for them.

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
Most shops struggled during the economic boom....I can't imagine they are doing well today. I am interested to see the level of activity and mark-up over ebay at the National this year.....

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
With prices like that, I certainly hope that shop doesn't make it six months.

Reasonable mark-up is expected from any brick and mortar store...no matter the products, but price gouging deserves the worst.

So again, please help support logical independent businesses out there...and help this clown close his doors for good. Don't spend a nickel with them.

Members online

Latest posts