Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

blog fixed check it out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Re: Blog looking great check it out!

"the steal of the week this week is Rickey Henderson's rookie card. It books at only $60 you think the rookie of the "man of steal" would be in high demmand I mean he only shattered records that were achieved by the great Lou Brock and more. To check out his stats follow the link below."

Run on sentences, misspellings, and horrible grammar leads me to believe this is a kid-run site. Good luck to you, but this is not going to win you any followers.

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010

Prospectcollector said:
http://benandjordanscard.blogspot.com/

check it out..... tips... INFO... anything need publicity

I'll give you an honest opinion,

If you want people to take you or the blog seriously, you need to correct grammar and spelling. If I'm reading something and the grammar is poor with a ton of spelling errors, I'd never read it again.

"Martin Perez: This guy has great stuff, he's not American comes from a little of a different background and brings great stuff with him. He has struggled though were he played so I doubt the rangers will call him up soon. He's young and talented. But the key word is talented think of this he's a good banana that's not ripe yet. He's got the stuff just needs the expirence. In the card market right now not a good buy for short term imvestment. Long term investment look into it."

He's not American? lol

Spelling/grammar is just as important to a blog as the content itself.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States

You don't need publicity.

You need to write article after article after article until you eventually learn how it's done. Odds are if you ever get serious about blogging, it won't be about this subject or on that blog. That makes publicity kinda pointless. Write to write, observe feedback you get and adjust what you are doing. That should be your primary objective.

My advice is as follows.

Enhance your vocabulary with other creative writing outlets. Expanding yourself past your comfort zone can help you integrate adjectives and phrases that you wouldn't know to use on your own.

Learn how to express yourself without cliches, they are often overused and boring. Find better ways to get your point across than the same boring language.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010

"Martin Perez: This guy has great stuff, he's not American comes from a little of a different background and brings great stuff with him. He has struggled though were he played so I doubt the rangers will call him up soon. He's young and talented. But the key word is talented think of this he's a good banana that's not ripe yet. He's got the stuff just needs the expirence. In the card market right now not a good buy for short term imvestment. Long term investment look into it."

Actually, he is from Venezueala, which is in South America, so yes, he is American.

chromerookies

Aug 7, 2008
Madison, Ct.

elmalo said:

Actually, he is from Venezueala, which is in South America, so yes, he is American.

NICE!

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008

Remember the last time you wanted people to check it out?

People mentioned to have a school teacher read some of the content and help you work on it?

Yeah, still a huge issue.

The first time it was cute, in a mangled 1 legged dog kind of way...now it's more sad.

Ian Stewart

Aug 7, 2008

The hell are "New Coke Posts"?

BTW, great, informative write-up :lol:

Gary Sanchez is a rising star. He has great potential. In rookie league for the Staten Island Yankees, Sanchez hit .329. A slugging percentage of .529 and an OBP of
.393 he is a rising Star!

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008

I like to eat Meat for dinner. One time. we had meat chicken
for Dinner. it was fried really good. It's my Favorite.

Ian Stewart

Aug 7, 2008

Since I'm waiting for class to start and I have time to kill, I'll help you out a little bit.

A.) Your information is useless. BaseballAmerica and other "prospect" sites that do well (such as ProjectProspect, MinorLeagueBall, Baseball-Intellect, etc.), succeed because they have scouting information and other tidbits that you can't find in 20 seconds on Google. The Nats didn't take Taillon because they took Strasburg? Uh, false. They didn't take Taillon because Harper was the best player available and they could clearly afford him. Also, Bumgarner's AFLAC AU's are not $250-$300. Try $100-$110 on a good day.

B.) Your website design is incredibly ugly. There are no pictures, the background is boring, and there are no links. Clean it up.

C.) As everybody has pointed out, your grammar is atrocious. You have way too many run-on sentences and misspelled words. I suggest either "Hooked on Phonics" or any rudimentary English course to brush up your skills.

D.) Stop using immature language. "Taillon is BlAzZzZiN"? Seriously..? I literally stopped reading your site the first time because of that. The only reason I came back to your site was to point out the hilarity that I found.

E.) Again, what are "New Coke Posts"? That's one of the sketchiest things I've ever heard on the internet. It might as well be "New Heroin Posts".

Some of my favorite quotes (not in a good way):

-"This guy has great stuff, he's not American comes from a little of a different background and brings great stuff with him."
-"But the key word is talented think of this he's a good banana that's not ripe yet."
-"Many people like to use binders to protect their cards, but ther is are numerous flaws in binders."
-"Many old cards can lose value from exposure to oxygen."

And, lastly, a list of misspelled words that you need to correct:
-"demmand"
-"ther"
-"specialy"
-"expirence"

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field

The Royals I think are my favorite, group of prospects, now their current major league team is not something fun to watch, but they will be 1 heck of a team over the next 3 years with Mike Moustakas, Eric Hosmer, Will Myers, and Mike Montgomery!
This team defiantly has a future i could see them making the playoffs in 4 yeas, they have the best Farm System in baseball.

You're 9, right? My 10 year old writes a lot better than this..

Ian Stewart

Aug 7, 2008

Jeff N. said:
The Royals I think are my favorite, group of prospects, now their current major league team is not something fun to watch, but they will be 1 heck of a team over the next 3 years with Mike Moustakas, Eric Hosmer, Will Myers, and Mike Montgomery!
This team defiantly has a future i could see them making the playoffs in 4 yeas, they have the best Farm System in baseball.

You're 9, right? My 10 year old writes a lot better than this..

Oh. My. God.

Didn't even notice there was another page. This is literally my new favorite site. I actually just sent it to three or four friends.

chromerookies

Aug 7, 2008
Madison, Ct.

Ian Stewart said:
Since I'm waiting for class to start and I have time to kill, I'll help you out a little bit.

A.) Your information is useless. BaseballAmerica and other "prospect" sites that do well (such as ProjectProspect, MinorLeagueBall, Baseball-Intellect, etc.), succeed because they have scouting information and other tidbits that you can't find in 20 seconds on Google. The Nats didn't take Taillon because they took Strasburg? Uh, false. They didn't take Taillon because Harper was the best player available and they could clearly afford him. Also, Bumgarner's AFLAC AU's are not $250-$300. Try $100-$110 on a good day.

B.) Your website design is incredibly ugly. There are no pictures, the background is boring, and there are no links. Clean it up.

C.) As everybody has pointed out, your grammar is atrocious. You have way too many run-on sentences and misspelled words. I suggest either "Hooked on Phonics" or any rudimentary English course to brush up your skills.

D.) Stop using immature language. "Taillon is BlAzZzZiN"? Seriously..? I literally stopped reading your site the first time because of that. The only reason I came back to your site was to point out the hilarity that I found.

E.) Again, what are "New Coke Posts"? That's one of the sketchiest things I've ever heard on the internet. It might as well be "New Heroin Posts".

-"This guy has great stuff, he's not American comes from a little of a different background and brings great stuff with him."
-"But the key word is talented think of this he's a good banana that's not ripe yet."
-"Many people like to use binders to protect their cards, but ther is are numerous flaws in binders."

-"demmand"
-"ther"
-"specialy"
-"expirence"

Thanked!

Ian Stewart

Aug 7, 2008

Ian Stewart said:

-"demmand"
-"ther"
-"specialy"
-"expirence"

Since I am feeling incredibly giving and helpful today, I have decided to help correct some of your errors on the first two pages of your blog, which I unfortunately overlooked the first time I saw your site.

A.) It's Kyle Drabek. Drabek. D-R-A-B-E-K. Kyle Drabeck is non-existent in the baseball world.

B.) In regards to the following quote, "Freddie Freeman 1B on the ATL Braves right now is a hot buy his stuff has gone up a lot in the last few weeks," why would a card that has gone up a lot be considered a good buy..?

C.) You keep confusing "our" and "are", along with "there" and "their". Check this link out. Very helpful.

http://www.wikihow.com/Use-There,-Their-and-They're

Some more of my favorite quotes:
-"Hes got a few pitches hat he can put in the strike zone pretty well, and a fact about him is that the Roy Halliday trade that happened, what was it last summer?"
-"Drabeck is a small guy not to big small" (this is my absolute favorite).
-"Doug, who was a Cy young not to long ago" (20 years is probably 3x as long as you've been alive. I'd say that was quite awhile ago).

And, again, some more misspelled words you need to take a look at:
-"yeas"
-"Drabeck"
-"Halliday"
-"comming"
-"Russel"
-"nto"

braden

Aug 7, 2008

Well, you've got one thing going your way: You could definitely write for Bleacher Report.

Members online