Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Teddy was no where near the hitter as Ruth was

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
Anyone can rationalize, and say if Ruth didn't pitch, or if Teddy didn't go to war, If Teddy was heavier...la-di-da....
Let's look at the data without the IF's!!

Here are each players best 10 seasons. It's very evident who was better....
The last row is the sum of those 10 years..move the decimal point one spot to the left for averages.

Teddy's best 10 years
teddy3.jpg

Ruth's best 10 years
ruth.jpg

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Re: Teddy was no where near the hitter as RUTH was

I know you don't want to hear it, but Ted missed 3 years that was right in the middle of his prime. Look at his WAR before and after. 3 seasons gone of +10 WAR!

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008

Why the need for random caps in every title?

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008

jbhofmann said:
I know you don't want to hear it, but Ted missed 3 years that was right in the middle of his prime. Look at his WAR before and after. 3 seasons gone of +10 WAR!

IF's biffs...use 5 year or 3 year prime if you want.
Use the top 3 rows if it makes you feel better....
Or tell me which years you WANT to use, and i will sum it for you.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008

Ruth was unquestionably the better run producer, and the one I would take on my team in his prime. I will consider Williams' higher career BA and OBP (best all-time) and call him the better hitter.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008

Mighty Bombjack said:
Ruth was unquestionably the better run producer, and the one I would take on my team in his prime. I will consider Williams' higher career BA and OBP (best all-time) and call him the better hitter.

look at both of their "best years", Ruth killed Williams.
if you want career BA go with Cobb.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008

beefycheddar said:
INRE CAPS

You are more of a distraction with USELESS posts....BOLD AND CAPS on USELESS is for EMPHASIS.
Go TROLL on another forum.

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada

If I foe him, will his new topics still appear :?:

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York

Babe Ruth is the greatest hitter the sport of baseball has ever seen. Williams is very close, so it's not as though it's a knock on Teddy Ballgame, it's just the truth. I think people like to side with Williams because he isn't the obvious choice and it's akin to making some kind of "statement". The fact is, Babe Ruth dominated his peers like no other before him, during his playing days or after him. Bonds dominated, but the sheer dominance wasn't there before he started taking steroids.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008

sportscardtheory said:
Babe Ruth is the greatest hitter baseball has ever seen. Williams is very close, so it's not as though it's a knock on Teddy Ballgame, it's just the truth. I think people like to side with Williams because he isn't the obvious choice and it's akin to making some kind of "statement". The fact is, Babe Ruth dominated his peers like no other before him, during his playing days or after him. Bonds dominated, but the sheer dominance wasn't there before he started taking steroids.

+1, it's not rocket science..i don't know how some people suggest Teddy. ::facepalm::

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois

Mighty Bombjack said:
this

bowmanchromeandorr

May 23, 2010
Race City USA

thefatguy said:
If I foe him, will his new topics still appear :?:

@ thefatguy: i like the fine print in your sig. not alot of people realize all of that.

@ everyone else : I will take teddy ballgame thank you very much. a better hitter in a better era. if its a home run hitting contest then babe ruth

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008

chashawk said:
Mighty Bombjack said:
this

Again, if you want career BA, why not pick COBB...

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008

bowmanchromeandorr said:
I will take teddy ballgame thank you very much. a better hitter in a better era. if its a home run hitting contest then babe ruth

If you want SLUGGING, HOMERUNS, OR SHEER DOMINATION, pick RUTH.
If you want CAREER BA, pick COBB.

All you have to do is look.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York

Why do people use Williams' On-Base Percentage as a hitting gauge? Taking a Walk isn't getting a hit. If you are going to use the "hitting" semantics game against Ruth, stop lying to yourself about Williams' On-Base Percentage and switch your "best hitter ever" to Ty Cobb, the best semantics game "hitter" of all-time.

Members online

Latest posts