Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1 minute of research = cool ticket stub for Zimmer PC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
The seller of this ticket stub did a decent job of listing it. But he missed one interesting fact.

Title: Apr 19 1955 Phillies v Dodger Ticket stub Campanella HR

Desc: Presented is a vintage April 19, 1955 Philadelphia Phillies vs. Brooklyn Dodgers ticket stub from a game at Connie Mack Stadium. Roy Campanella, Carl Furillo and Don Zimmer all hit HR's for the Dodgers while Willie Jones and Bobby Morgan went deep for the phils. Don Newcome upped his record to 2-0 in the young season while Jim Owens took the defeat in the 7-6 loss.

I had been searching for "Don Zimmer" items using title and description, so that's how I found the listing. I noticed the date, April 19 and thought "that's pretty early in the season." And I knew Zimmer had been called up in 1954 but had no HR's that fall. So I used retrosheet.org to look up the boxscore, and sure enough it turns out this was Don Zimmer's first career homerun! So a pretty cool addition to my Zim player collection, and nice to have a piece of memorabilia from the Dodgers 1955 World Series Championship year.

Using retrosheet.org is a great way to look for the dates of milestone HR's and other important games for your player. Just another tool you should be aware of.

!CEKYTN!EWk~$(KGrHqF,!ikE0G0JNUQdBNRDHyVH-w~~0_12.JPG

caseya10781

Aug 7, 2008
Tennessee
Excellent addition and thanks for the helpful website, I'll definitely be using it.

I think tickets are a fun addition to a collection. I've been trying to accumulate tickets from DP's important games. I have first MLB start and win and first ALCS save and win. I'd like to add a stub from each minor league stent, but have only been able to find AA so far (since they were my stubs : ) ).

Anyways, cool addition, especially in the great condition its in.

Casey

abeabe

Oct 3, 2010
That was very on the ball of you, turns out to be a very rare find for a Zimmer collector. For a seller with such detailed info, he missed that fact and probaby saved you a few bucks. If Campy hadnt homered too, you woulda gotten a super steal, but Im sure seller raised value slighty because of Campy HR.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
chashawk said:
Is there somewhere better than eBay to look for older stubs from the 60's?

Not really, stubs are pretty hit and miss. There's a dealer near Chicago that has a bunch of Cubs stubs from the 80's and 90's. AU Sports in Skokie. Has lots of magazines too so if you want to ask about Dawson covers you can.

Search ebay with "Dawson Stub" in title and description. I also seach "Cub stub" and then look if the date has any significance to Grace. I've found stubs for the time he pitched, one of his two career grand slams, first game and first homerun that way. Still want a stub of the game he hit for the cycle (Padres stub from 5/9/93).

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Holy quit swearing.. Man you just landed a great addition to your collection. I 2 have some ticket stub.
I was at the game that Sammy Sosa hit the Home-run to pass Ernie Banks for all-time Cubbie. And to add to this the ball landed right in front of me about 10 feet. It hit some guy holding a beer and that went every where. :lol:

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
Great find! Congrats! Mine is not nearly as impressive or probably quite as rare, but one of my favorite pieces I have in my collection.

1st career HR ticket signed, (auto dates to that year)
CAREERHR1.jpg

Members online