Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1966 Don Sutton RC: Why no Dodgers logo on his hat?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Anthony

Nov 20, 2008
San Diego area
Just curious. I bought his RC hoping to get him to sign it sometime this year. I got his signature two years in a row, so I figured I would spring for his RC (cost me a whole $6 delivered) just in case he signs again (I collect IP Auto RCs).

So, why is there no Dodgers logo on his hat on his RC? Was he drafted by another team and traded? Anyone know?

Thanks in advance,
Anthony

reljac

Apr 12, 2010
Pearland, Tx
Found this on Dean's Cards in reference to the 1968 set, but I'm pretty sure it's applicable.

If all else failed, and Topps was forced to use a photo of a player in an outdated uniform, Topps would simply “black out” the emblem on the players cap. This was clearly the last resort, because it looked so terrible. Because there were expansion years for baseball, the 1961, 1962 and 1969 Topps sets feature quite a few cards of players with airbrushed or blacked out logos or missing hats. Topps had little choice but to use these inferior images, as they did not have current photos of the players.

Members online

Latest posts