Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Am I covered under this scenario on ebay as a buyer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

glewis22

Jan 8, 2010
I made an offer to a guy for (6) card X for $100. He wrote me back saying he has (5) left and didnt get a chance to alter the auction/BIN yet and that I could have the (5) for $80 if I wanted them to send off to his paypal address.

I responded that I wanted the cards but that I wanted him to send me an invoice through paypal to my email address and state that its for (5) XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX #'d to *** etc etc.

If he sends me an invoice and I pay it and nothing comes in the mail am I covered as a buyer?

This is the best idea right I mean it would be crazy to just send money to his paypal address Id have no recourse.

Thanks guys
Greg

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
After posing this question to the Magic 8 ball, it confirmed what I think is the right answer - Yes!

You should be covered for just about any purchase when paying through paypal.

Sweetness

Mar 1, 2009
NO! If he ships you one card w/ delivery confirmation your screwed. For non ebay purchases paypal only confirms that an item arrived. I made a non ebay purchase and the seller pulled a bait and switch. I lost my paypal dispute b/c the seller used delivery conf. even though I didn't get what I ordered.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
Sweetness said:
NO! If he ships you one card w/ delivery confirmation your screwed. For non ebay purchases paypal only confirms that an item arrived. I made a non ebay purchase and the seller pulled a bait and switch. I lost my paypal dispute b/c the seller used delivery conf. even though I didn't get what I ordered.

Yes, you will still be covered to some extent. I had this happen where I bought a card and received an empty package with a couple top-loaders (I'm guessing to get the weight). I called paypal the day it arrived, explained what happened and had a refund within a couple of days. Sometimes talking to a real person rather than the dispute process can make a difference.

Also, with the way it's set up now, you can always file an item not as described and then you just have to mail it back to him with DC.

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
Sweetness said:
The same thing could happen anytime you make multiple purchases so what would be the difference? And even the weight of the envelope is no proof. If the seller prints his own mailing labels and lies about the weight then what? You just have to have a little trust or else buy them one at a time.

Members online

Latest posts