Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

DP Out For Remainder Of Season

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bosox3

Aug 7, 2008
Doctors say decision is precautionary due to swelling in knee; Islanders goaltender looks to next season.
----------------------------------------------------------
Goaltender Rick DiPietro will miss the remainder of the 2008-09 season. Team doctors have referred to the decision as precautionary, due to swelling in the knee that DiPietro had arthroscopic knee surgery on to repair a meniscus injury on October 31st. DiPietro is expected to resume skating this summer in preparation for the 2009-10 season.

"This has been one of the most frustrating situations I have ever had to deal with, but this is the right decision for me and the team," said DiPietro. "I am confident this will allow me to make a complete recovery, be ready in plenty of time for next season and compete to my highest ability for many years to come. I’d like to thank Islanders fans for their patience and I look forward to playing in front of them next season."

DiPietro, an NHL All-Star starter in 2007-08, has played in five games this season. Drafted by the Islanders with the first overall pick in the 2000 NHL Entry Draft, DiPietro has played in 273 NHL games and has a record of 117-112-8-24 with a 2.79 goals against average and a .905 save percentage.

"After extensive consultation we feel this decision is in the best interest for Rick and the team," said Islanders General Manager Garth Snow. "This will allow Rick ample time to make a full recovery for next year."

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
WOW!

when can they buy out his 15 year contract? it is a shame that he can't stay healthy he is such a talented goalie and seems like a great person but he just can't stay healthy. I feel bad for the guy.

jubei777

Aug 7, 2008
he was over rated anyways. doubt that he will ever live up to being worth half of his contract. i'm just hoping that they don't draft tavares.

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
Islanders were probably begging for him and doctors to decide against a return this season....... They are trying so hard for that #1 pick ;).

Shep :ugeek:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts