Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Official Pro Football Hall of Fame Announcement Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gellman

Sep 2, 2008
Cortez ******* Kennedy gets to the final ten, but no Carter? The guy has the best stats of ANYONE at his position that has been up for induction lately.

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
Cris Carter not already being in the HOF is nuts. Not making 10 finalists is ridiculous. Guess he should've run his mouth more in his career.

SilverandBlack

Mar 19, 2009
Upstate NY
Amazing they took shannon sharpe over Carter and Brown? If Carter got in and Brown didnt i would have been ok with it, but both those guys should have been in over sharpe. Unrel this voting is screwed up.

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
Sharpe has a little over 10k receiving and 62 TDs in 12 years. Not that I ever questioned that Tony Gonzalez would get in but he is officially a lock.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
bondofan38 said:
I could be wrong because i havent looked up his stats but i wouldnt think sharpe is hall material

If I am remembering correctly Sharpe retired with virtually all of the receiving records for TE.
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong on that......and since Gonzalez has passed him, but I think there is little question Sharpe deserves to be there.

I'm on board with those that are shocked Carter wasn't in the top 10. I loved watching him play as I was growing up and he'd be in the top 5 of WR's I've ever seen play.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
mwashuc06 said:
sharpe was a TE and remember he won three SB...
Yes, his eight catches for 69 yards from those three Super Bowls combined was a huge factor. ;)

I believe he led tight ends in so many stats because he was among the first wave of tight ends being used more for receiving than blocking. He'll drop down that list rather rapidly as time goes on with tight ends being utilized in the passing game. Guys like Gonzo, Witten, Clark, etc. will make him look mediocre by the time they all retire.

Zeeck

Mar 29, 2010
Aurora, IL
So glad to see the Colonel get in!! Also happy to see them vote in Ed Sabol. I was afraid he would die before he got the chance to be inducted.

Prime!!!!!!!!

c50a94d6.jpg

NewStuff033.jpg

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
RITM said:
Cris Carter not already being in the HOF is nuts. Not making 10 finalists is ridiculous. Guess he should've run his mouth more in his career.
Had Carter been on a bandwagon team, like Dallas or Pittsburgh, he would have made it easily. It's a effing joke when someone like Lynn Swann makes it in just because he benefitted from the bandwagon.

Carter - 234 GS, 1101 REC, 13,899 YDS, 130 TDS
Swann - 96 GS, 336 REC, 5462 YDS, 51 TDS

Members online

Latest posts