Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Michael Young available...ends up in Colorado?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
With their post-season signings, Texas is running out of spots for hitting machine Michael Young. Right now, they're projecting him as a combo DH/ "super" utility infielder. :?

Mr. Olney is the main writer reporting that he is available. He has a limited no trade and is owed $16+ million for EACH of the next 3 years. To get a deal done, especially with Colorado, Texas would probably have to pay a ton of that salary anyway. Why not keep him with that hanging over you? At least trading him to the Rockies would keep him out of the division, as the A's (how can they afford him?) and the Angles are supposedly interested, as well as Toronto.

But, man, would that make the Rockies Offense even more scary...

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Not that its going to happen but he'd look great at short in Milwaukee. They don't have much left to trade though at the moment. Has Texas kinda ****** him around over the last several years? I would imagine I'd get over it at 16 mil. a year. Didn't realize he made nearly that much

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Ken Rosenthal is now reporting this to be close to being done.

Congrats to Colorado, who look like they don't have to give up much in the deal.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
craiger122003 said:
Who is involved? I figured that Young was too
expensive for the Rocks

It looks like Young and Cook. MLB.com is reporting that the Rangers don't want Lopez at all.

gonzagacubs

Aug 7, 2008
Glenpool, OK
I saw this today on ESPN while I was at work. Hypothetically speaking, if he could still play 2B, he would be a good fit with the Cubs. Of course, I am not sure he could provide the range needed still to play 2nd, but his bat would be a huge asset to the Cubs lineup.

SamHell

Jun 12, 2010
Texas
It's turning into a mess. Not the kind of thing you want your team to go through a week before spring training opens. I think Young was going to be ok splitting time between 1B and DH but he saw AB's being taken away from him with the acquisition of Napoli. Michael Young was at one time a very good defensive 2nd baseman and he might still be able to be average. I know he doesn't have the quick reflexes to play 3rd effectively but 2nd gives him a bit more time to react to balls. Whatever happens with him, Texas is going to have to pay a bunch of salary and not get much in return.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
Yes Young is PISSED OFF
He has a list of 8 teams possibly others on a case to case basis ?
HAHA Some team is about to get a steal
Cardinals are reported as one but I highly doubt it
The only way STL goes after him is if they have already
decided to let Albert walk

Members online

Latest posts