Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

SUPER BOWL XLV - Steelers @ Packers - GAME THREAD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Kickoff is drawing near. Let's get a game thread rolling! Hopefully we'll have a good one today, and the Packers can pull off the win.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
4 out of 10 gates at the stadium are closed, ticket scanners are working properly, seating issues. :benson:

Figures it would happen in Dallas, they're used to dropping the ball in big moments.

coltsfan23

Aug 7, 2008
MN
Troy Aikman: "Another Super Bowl win would cement Ben Roethlisberger a spot in the Pro Football Hall of Fame."

I think this comment exemplifies how much people overrate Super Bowl victories. I agree that Big Ben has played well thus far, but in no way has he performed well enough to warrant a HOF selection after this game. In general, I believe that SB wins should be used as an evaluating point, but not near the degree that some analysts and fans use it.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
mstng99tim said:
4 out of 10 gates at the stadium are closed, ticket scanners are working properly, seating issues. :benson:

Figures it would happen in Dallas, they're used to dropping the ball in big moments.
I don't want any of your douchebaggery tonight, Tim. You've been warned. :p ;)

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Card Magnet said:
mstng99tim said:

:lol: Just stating facts.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
mstng99tim said:
Card Magnet said:
mstng99tim said:

:lol: Just stating facts.
Roy Williams won't be a Cowboy next year, so the ball drop rate will be cut in more than half.

coltsfan23 said:
Troy Aikman: "Another Super Bowl win would cement Ben Roethlisberger a spot in the Pro Football Hall of Fame."

I think this comment exemplifies how much people overrate Super Bowl victories. I agree that Big Ben has played well thus far, but in no way has he performed well enough to warrant a HOF selection after this game. In general, I believe that SB wins should be used as an evaluating point, but not near the degree that some analysts and fans use it.
I agree.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Just a side note:

I'm sure you've all seen the commercials for the four guys who've been to every Super Bowl. Sadly, one of those four is in the hospital and will miss his first one. The "Never Miss a Super Bowl Club" is down to three members.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Card Magnet said:
Just a side note:

I'm sure you've all seen the commercials for the four guys who've been to every Super Bowl. Sadly, one of those four is in the hospital and will miss his first one. The "Never Miss a Super Bowl Club" is down to three members.
I heard that earlier, that's sad.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
It should be a crime on the same level of treason to butcher our country's national anthem like Christina Aguilera just did. Not just the horrible re-arranging of the melody, but for GETTING THE WORDS WRONG.

sdsportsfan1214

Aug 14, 2008
San Diego
Card Magnet said:
It should be a crime on the same level of treason to butcher our country's national anthem like Christina Aguilera just did. Not just the horrible re-arranging of the melody, but for GETTING THE WORDS WRONG.
That was sad

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
Card Magnet said:
Kickoff is drawing near. Let's get a game thread rolling! Hopefully we'll have a good one today, and the Packers can pull off the win.

Our man Sam Shields almost caused the 1st turnover of the game, except that it was on a GB punt return ::facepalm::

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
sdsportsfan1214 said:
Card Magnet said:
That was sad

I KNEW IT! I was singing along and was like "WTH?"

She totally butchered it too, as far as HOW she sang it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts