Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ten ball case break from Upper Deck!--Pictures added!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
There was another one of these posted the other day, and lo and behold, I got mine today! Already opened them, and checked their authenitifcation number to know what happened that day. Got four balls from the same game. :cry: Here's the run down...

Mets @ Reds July 4, 2003; Mets 7, Reds 2
Glavine win, Burnitz 3-5, 3 rbi, 3-r HR
This is the game I got four balls from.

Devil Rays @ Marlins July 4, 2004 Marlins 4, D-Rays 3
Cabrera 3-4, solo HR

Cardinals @ Reds July 28, 2004 Cards 11, Reds 10
Rolen 4-6, 3 rbi; Edmonds 2-2; Dunn 2-3 HR
Dunn hit his 100th career Home Run in this game.

Blue Jays @ Athletics April 11, 2005 Blue Jays 10, A's 3
Hinske 3-5, 2 rbi
Catalanotto 2-4, 3 rbi
I have two balls from this game, both are Opening Day 2005 balls

Yankees @ Athletics May 15, 2005 Yankees 6, A's 4
Jeter 3-6, Martinez 2-3, 2 HR, 3 rbi.
Johnson win, Rivera save

And the best of the lot,
2006 Home Run Derby
Troy Glaus Round 1, Out #8

I know some folks were interested in seeing what I got (with tading on their minds) Some of these balls show a lot of wear, some just look old, and some look pretty good. I'll put up some pics later. Folks can PM or comment here.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Re: Ten ball case break from Upper Deck!

What is the story on the balls? I've seen two threads in the last few days but I don't understand how they are obtained? I checked UD Store and didn't find them, unless I was looking in the wrong place.

Are they special giveaways to customers or are they for sale somewhere - either UD store or at hobby shops?

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008

I used my name, but my son's birthday. Flame away. This box of balls is all I've really gotten out of the whole program, so I'd hardly think I could be called an abuser, but I'm sure there was abuse by "big boys" along the way.

Pete14Rose

Aug 13, 2008
Virginia

Greg Cleveland said:
I used my name, but my son's birthday. Flame away. This box of balls is all I've really gotten out of the whole program, so I'd hardly think I could be called an abuser, but I'm sure there was abuse by "big boys" along the way.

If you feel you'd be flamed, then there's no need to flame. You already must feel you did something wrong.

jarcar

Aug 7, 2008
Vancouver Canada

Greg Cleveland said:

Give one to your son and call it a day. :D

I think these balls are a great idea from UD. What are you looking for for one of the Jays balls?

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008

Pete14Rose said:
Greg Cleveland said:

If you feel you'd be flamed, then there's no need to flame. You already must feel you did something wrong.

That's not how I feel at all. I just expect it from people. You can't please everybody, and somebody will always think their morals are better than yours. (mine are pretty high, but it's very situational.) Maybe I'm stuck in thinking of the old Beckett days when you could get flamed for jaywalking.

ru4scuba

Aug 7, 2008
San Francisco Bay Area

Greg Cleveland said:
Blue Jays @ Athletics April 11, 2005 Blue Jays 10, A's 3
Hinske 3-5, 2 rbi
Catalanotto 2-4, 3 rbi
I have two balls from this game, both are Opening Day 2005 balls

Too bad Opening Day wasn't on the 11th :? I was going to try trade for one of these and get Zito to sign it at the SF fan fest but I looked up the 2005 Opening Day and the A's played the Orioles on the 4th.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008

Picture time!

Anticipation!

box1.jpg

Inside was 10 of these...

ball2.jpg

Wrapped like this...

ball3.jpg

Most balls look something like this, Pretty used up and kinda dirty. Batting practice balls? These balls show more wear than a foul ball, unless they really get that dirty by going in and out of a few gloves a few times.

ball6.jpg

Opening Day balls...

ball5.jpg

ball4.jpg

The HRD ball really is nice, sweet spot is very clean, would make for a great auto. Shows where he hit it--right on the top of the HRD logo.

ball7.jpg

Sorry the pics of the balls came out so big. Guess I...naw I won't go there. :oops: :shock:

ru4scuba

Aug 7, 2008
San Francisco Bay Area

Greg Cleveland said:
Most balls look something like this, Pretty used up and kinda dirty. Batting practice balls? These balls show more wear than a foul ball, unless they really get that dirty by going in and out of a few gloves a few times.

I would hope they didn't authenticate BP balls since they are not GU'd. MLB balls are generally dirty since they are rubbed with mud before the game.

Craig - 21hawk

Aug 7, 2008
St. Paul, MN

ru4scuba said:
Greg Cleveland said:

I would hope they didn't authenticate BP balls since they are not GU'd. MLB balls are generally dirty since they are rubbed with mud before the game.

I believe they often use previously game used balls for batting practice. I seem to remember hearing about some of the Yankees' 100 year anniversary balls showing up in other stadiums during batting practice of teams that had just visited NY.

Craig

ru4scuba

Aug 7, 2008
San Francisco Bay Area

Craig - 21hawk said:
ru4scuba said:
[quote="Greg Cleveland":ga41llpd]Most balls look something like this, Pretty used up and kinda dirty. Batting practice balls? These balls show more wear than a foul ball, unless they really get that dirty by going in and out of a few gloves a few times.

I believe they often use previously game used balls for batting practice. I seem to remember hearing about some of the Yankees' 100 year anniversary balls showing up in other stadiums during batting practice of teams that had just visited NY.

Craig[/quote:ga41llpd]

This is correct, but once a ball moves into the BP bag, I don't think they would be able to authenticate which game it was used in.

Craig - 21hawk

Aug 7, 2008
St. Paul, MN

ru4scuba said:
Craig - 21hawk said:
ru4scuba said:
[quote="Greg Cleveland":1wihfxpk]Most balls look something like this, Pretty used up and kinda dirty. Batting practice balls? These balls show more wear than a foul ball, unless they really get that dirty by going in and out of a few gloves a few times.

Craig

This is correct, but once a ball moves into the BP bag, I don't think they would be able to authenticate which game it was used in.[/quote:1wihfxpk]

True.

Craig

Members online

Latest posts