Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Selling Bryce Harper and Strasburg

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Assuming you don't just rip and flip what you find, what are some plans for moving the stuff you have of these guys.

I think conventional wisdom says you can't go wrong holding Strasburg at this point, but can sell off anything of him as a decent hit for the forseeable future. I'm holding Strasburg unless I need $.

Harper on the other hand, doesn't yet have anything with an MLB uniform. Are all you that are holding going to let ST fever peak but get out before anything Bowman gets released? That's where I'm at I think.

Anyone else. You can say if you're buying as well, but I'm mostly interested in when you're selling.

blazers091

Dec 7, 2008
glewis22 said:
blazers091 said:
sell harper before he has a nationals chrome card as the usa's will drop like a rock

Wrong.

See Taillon.

your wrong clown. taillons usa chromes and parallels are significantly lower than when they first came out. next time try to read before you respond.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
There is no chance that Harper USA chromes pull 40 once he gets another chrome. I plan on selling the few things I have remaining around ST or opening day

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Taillon USA Chromes were selling for $5/each.
There is no debate regarding that piece of history.

Taillon USA Chromes are selling for less than half of that now.
There is no debate regarding the current pricing.

Now, while I like clowns as much as the next guy, I'd hope in the future that anyone simply declaring "Wrong" should make certain that they are standing firmly on something at least remotely based in fact.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
mredsox89 said:
There is no chance that Harper USA chromes pull 40 once he gets another chrome. I plan on selling the few things I have remaining around ST or opening day

There is certainly a chance his USA chromes pull 40.

His 2011 Bowman Chrome will have TONS more copies than his 2010 Bowman USA Chrome does. To be honest, I don't see his USA chromes being affected much at all. Depending on how much 2011 Bowman is produced, there could be something like 3 or more 2011's for every 2010.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
hail2thevictors said:
mredsox89 said:

His 2011 Bowman Chrome will have TONS more copies than his 2010 Bowman USA Chrome does. To be honest, I don't see his USA chromes being affected much at all. Depending on how much 2011 Bowman is produced, there could be something like 3 or more 2011's for every 2010.

I'm basing it on what we've seen with other USA guys so far. Obviously if he goes and tears it up and goes all Strasburg/Heyward the sky is the limit on everything. As the previous poster mentioned, Taillon usa chromes have been cut in half since getting his draft card(s).

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
mredsox89 said:
hail2thevictors said:
mredsox89 said:

I'm basing it on what we've seen with other USA guys so far. Obviously if he goes and tears it up and goes all Strasburg/Heyward the sky is the limit on everything. As the previous poster mentioned, Taillon usa chromes have been cut in half since getting his draft card(s).

Yes, but Taillon's hype level is not really even close to that of Harper's. Yes, Taillon has a good amount of hype, but nothing too close to Harper. So, I don't think using Taillon as a gauge is the best comparison.

Wes

OG
Administrator
hail2thevictors said:
mredsox89 said:
hail2thevictors said:
mredsox89 said:

Yes, but Taillon's hype level is not really even close to that of Harper's. Yes, Taillon has a good amount of hype, but nothing too close to Harper. So, I don't think using Taillon as a gauge is the best comparison.

Although if you want to get nitty, the newer Taillon is an auto. I believe what was mentioned earlier was a new Harper base chrome - not auto.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
LLWesMan said:
hail2thevictors said:
mredsox89 said:
hail2thevictors said:
mredsox89 said:

Although if you want to get nitty, the newer Taillon is an auto. I believe what was mentioned earlier was a new Harper base chrome - not auto.

Correct, I was never referencing any auto from any of my posts.

I was strictly talking about the 2010 USA Chrome base. To be quite honest, I don't see any of Harpers cards taking a big hit going forward. That is how hyped and wanted his cards are, and will be. Just my opinion.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
The thing about Harper is that the pricing now is based on hype and potential, in two months we'll have box scores to follow. If he is slow out of the gate, there will obviously be some slipping.

Strasburg on the other hand, we won't see in a box score until maybe the 2011 AFL, but probably 2012 Spring Training.

Regardless, nothing Harper is cheap at this point...nothing and everything seems to have climbed since release.

autorook

Jan 30, 2011
California
Hold on to Harper sell during Spring Training.

Strasburg is kind of iffy, don't know if he will even see a game this year if any at all.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
blazers091 said:
glewis22 said:
blazers091 said:
sell harper before he has a nationals chrome card as the usa's will drop like a rock

Wrong.

See Taillon.

your wrong clown. taillons usa chromes and parallels are significantly lower than when they first came out. next time try to read before you respond.

To be fair Taillon's second chrome card was also a 2010 release.

Harper's will be a 2011 release. I don't really think the comparison holds as much water as you believe.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
I think the demand for the USA will be lower as a lot of people perfer to see cards in MLB uniforms not USA. However it was issued 1 year earlier so that gives it more weight. I say it goes down in value some as most people will focus on collecting the chrome autos that start hitting next year.

Members online

Latest posts