Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is this Pujols Auto real?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
The card in question...
!B+In4lQEGk~$(KGrHqJ,!g4Ezd9iqNZ4BM-w)QlIFg~~_3.jpg

Here are some others for comparison...
PUJOLSAUTO.JPG

spx.jpg
PUJOLS-ALBERT-2001-SPX-AUTOGRAPHED-628-PSA-10-F.jpg

abeabe

Oct 3, 2010
Im most shocked that that bubbled auto recieved a 10 from PSA. As for the card in question, there were enough of them produced I woudn't be too worried. Obviously an immediate send in for authentication/grading is what I'd suggest if you purchase it.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
abeabe said:
Im most shocked that that bubbled auto recieved a 10 from PSA. As for the card in question, there were enough of them produced I woudn't be too worried. Obviously an immediate send in for authentication/grading is what I'd suggest if you purchase it.

PSA graded the card not the Auto.

The SPx needs to be viewed closely for trimming. Here is mine.

2001_Pujols_Auto.jpg

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
abeabe said:
Why? The entire concept of an autograph grade is fairly silly to begin with.

Any BGS "10" autograph could fade into oblivion, never to be seen and yet still be a BGS 10 autograph.

So what's more silly, grading the card including the autograph, or grading them separately even though one of the grades can change easily over time?

tide12champrings

Aug 8, 2008
Gulf Shores
Personally, I would never ever ever buy that card AGAIN unless it was slabbed. Too many of them have been altered/trimmed and the last raw copy I purchased 5 years ago was trimmed.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Are you concerned about the card being trimmed, or the autograph being doctored? If it is the former, you'd be a little more safe going graded (but not much more.) If you are concerned about the signature, that is a whole different discussion. Some people will recall that shortly after they were released, it seemed near impossible to find a Pujols Bowman Chrome with a nice signature (they bubbled and the like.) Over the years somehow the signatures seem to have "improved." Same with the SPx. Looking at the cards one might consider that they were signed by two different people (or at the very least with two different pens.) Hard to say though, and it's something that few seem to care about.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
200lbhockeyplayer said:
Why? The entire concept of an autograph grade is fairly silly to begin with.

Any BGS "10" autograph could fade into oblivion, never to be seen and yet still be a BGS 10 autograph.

So what's more silly, grading the card including the autograph, or grading them separately even though one of the grades can change easily over time?

Sure. How would grading companies grade autos that are *known* to fade over time...and maybe even disappear altogether - like 2007 Sweet Spot?

Members online

Latest posts