Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Why is Drew Pomeranz SO dang cheap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

coltsfan23

Aug 7, 2008
MN
I understand that he's not as "flashy" and many not have that HUGE upside that pitching prospects like Julio Teheran might have, but he has multiple effective pitches, has been successful at the collegiate level, and legitimately has a chance to make an impact at the Majors relatively quickly.

He was drafted by the Cleveland Indians, but I still think his items have way more upside than any potential downside. I liken invested in him at this point to investing in Mike Minor last offseason (though obviously the Braves are a bigger market). Relative to many of the better prospects, his prices have stayed relatively steady since release, so I think it's only a matter of time until his items start ticking up also.

What does everyone else think?

Here's my stash so far; Please share yours as well!

http://s66.photobucket.com/albums/h268/ ... 0Pomeranz/

coltsfan23

Aug 7, 2008
MN
blazers091 said:
Cleveland Indians. they're as popular as pirates prospects right now except for taillon.

Yeah, I understand that, but I feel like that is completely priced in at this point.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
blazers091 said:
Cleveland Indians. they're as popular as pirates prospects right now except for taillon.

if they guy is legit the team doesnt matter. Grady Sizemore anyone

Hallsgator

Aug 7, 2008
Charleston, SC
jcmint said:
blazers091 said:

if they guy is legit the team doesnt matter. Grady Sizemore anyone
Sizemore was the face of the team when they were good and he was healthy, he's a "fan favorite". Totally different situations.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
And the nationals are a prospectors hotbed?

Are the Royals? Mous, Hosmer, montgomery, anyone? I heard for over a year that Mous would never explode because he was on the Royals! really? Do you now think that is true? How cheap were Mous and Montgomery and different points in the last couple years?

IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT TEAM THEY ARE ON! Maybe initially, but guess what, the smart people are buying in at that point.

skrip

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
ballerskrip said:
IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT TEAM THEY ARE ON! Maybe initially, but guess what, the smart people are buying in at that point.

skrip

This is still the initial point for him. He hasn't played a Pro game yet.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
ballerskrip said:
And the nationals are a prospectors hotbed?

Are the Royals? Mous, Hosmer, montgomery, anyone? I heard for over a year that Mous would never explode because he was on the Royals! really? Do you now think that is true? How cheap were Mous and Montgomery and different points in the last couple years?

skrip

Amen, skrip! I'm not sure what Blazers is talking about, but the team absolutely does not matter. A team can make a guy have added value(Montero comes to mind), but the team doesn't make a prospect underrated. Your examples of the Nationals and Royals are perfect illustration.

So why is he "cheap"? Well, he hasn't thrown a professional pitch yet-that certainly has something to do with it.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
I have always wondered this. Do we truly have members on this board that just PUMP UP auctions on ebat to artificially creat a higher market for these cards? I have always thought there are MANY people in the collecting world that do this, but do you there are a great deal of members that do this?

danboone2006

May 22, 2010
Cleveland OH
My total is currently at:

BDP:
4 Oranges
3 Golds
8 Blues
14 Refractors
29 Base Autos

Sterling:
10 Base
5 Ref.
3 Gold
3 Black.

I'm done with the Sterlings, and gonna focus mainly on the BDP. I think the affordability has to do with being a Cleveland prospect, the fact that they're redemptions.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
danboone2006 said:
My total is currently at:

BDP:
4 Oranges
3 Golds
8 Blues
14 Refractors
29 Base Autos

Sterling:
10 Base
5 Ref.
3 Gold
3 Black.

I'm done with the Sterlings, and gonna focus mainly on the BDP. I think the affordability has to do with being a Cleveland prospect, the fact that they're redemptions.

HOLY FREAKING MOLY!

coltsfan23

Aug 7, 2008
MN
ballerskrip said:
I have always wondered this. Do we truly have members on this board that just PUMP UP auctions on ebat to artificially creat a higher market for these cards? I have always thought there are MANY people in the collecting world that do this, but do you there are a great deal of members that do this?

I'm curious to know this as well. Also, if that is the case, just how long can that "artificial" demand sustain itself? Obviously, many people bid based on previous sales under completed listings, so I'm sure theoretically, with enough capital, it could work and be sustained. It could also easily backfire, though.

Members online

Latest posts