Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

So I met Arod today....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

righteousmike

Aug 24, 2008
Arlen, TX
Went to the Roosevelt Field Mall to meet Arod today and have my 94 SP signed, aswell as hofautos diecut sp.
I'll let the scan do the speaking:

[center:xunnt9ae]ArodMe-1.jpg[/center:xunnt9ae]

Extremely happy with the results, up to hofautos if he wants to show his off as well.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Looks like someone took his time signing... Nice!

righteousmike

Aug 24, 2008
Arlen, TX
J_Hamilton_32 said:
nice was it crowded?
Thanks guys, I had to pay for the full name so it's bittersweet. I got there 2 hrs prior to the signing, I was like the 30th person on the line or so at the time, they had everyone line up then when the signing started they had us go in groups to a back room where Arod was signing, Fair amount of people showed up for the basic flat fee price $250, One guy behind me had 30 balls to get signed!

Ian Stewart

Aug 7, 2008
Nice card, but if I was about to pay $250+ for an autograph, I'd make sure my sharpie/pen wasn't on it's last leg.

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
I'm having a hard time making out the autograph. Probably just a dark scan. $250!! Wow.

righteousmike

Aug 24, 2008
Arlen, TX
Ian Stewart said:
Nice card, but if I was about to pay $250+ for an autograph, I'd make sure my sharpie/pen wasn't on it's last leg.
Pen was a brand new Staedtler, It's only a little light on the A which is obviously noticeable, auto won't fade either.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
righteousmike said:
Ian Stewart said:
Pen was a brand new Staedtler, It's only a little light on the A which is obviously noticeable, auto won't fade either.

Good choice on the pen. Staedtlers are much better than Sharpies--especially for a $250 auto! Nice fine point, too. Beautiful item.

cubuffs13

Mar 24, 2010
Provo, UT
Wow, $250. Nice looking auto. Glad that his on card autos are usually as good looking as the one you got. Stickers not so much. Congrats!

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
nice mike!

i always miss those signings at roosevelt field mall... ::facepalm::

i tried checking out the steiner site for roosevelt and either is really not user friendly or i can't browse it well!!!

any upcoming signings at the mall?

dave

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Mike not bad pick glad you like it.

righteousmike said:
J_Hamilton_32 said:
nice was it crowded?
Thanks guys, I had to pay for the full name so it's bittersweet. I got there 2 hrs prior to the signing, I was like the 30th person on the line or so at the time, they had everyone line up then when the signing started they had us go in groups to a back room where Arod was signing, Fair amount of people showed up for the basic flat fee price $250, One guy behind me had 30 balls to get signed!
eBay anyone, I bet there listed for 375 or higher

chashawk said:
$250

are you kidding? nice card, but sorry, not worth anywhere near $250 to me.
Charlie I thought the same thing, and he was in a backroom signing stuff :lol:

righteousmike

Aug 24, 2008
Arlen, TX
daveyou said:
nice mike!

i always miss those signings at roosevelt field mall... ::facepalm::

i tried checking out the steiner site for roosevelt and either is really not user friendly or i can't browse it well!!!

any upcoming signings at the mall?

dave
Thanks guys.

I think they have Paul O Neill and Henrik Lundqvist coming in within the next two weeks

bigpops65

Feb 9, 2009
Providence, RI
chashawk said:
$250

are you kidding? nice card, but sorry, not worth anywhere near $250 to me.

Good thing it wasn't you getting the auto. Obviously it was worth it to the OP and to the long line of people that showed up.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
mike, are you also familiar with Last Licks? (is that the name?)

i saw that pete rose is one of the upcoming signings?? but I cant seem to find the exact location of it but it has a very vague info from steiner - roosevelt field mall...

any info?

dave

Members online

Latest posts