Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is it TOO early to talk about AUGUST NATIONAL IN CHICAGO?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
Pine Tar said:
hoopster3977 said:
Yea, maybe a bit early. The Sun-Times show is March 11-13-2011.

http://www.mountedmemoriesshows.com/
Holy Crap the Juice King is going to be there on Saturday for the Sun-times show.
JOSE CANSECO (11:30am-1pm)
1986 AL ROY - 1988 AL MVP - 2x WS Champ
Flats/Balls - $39
Premiums - $49
Inscriptions - $15
PHOTO-OP - $69

I wonder what kind of inscriptions he will and won't do :D

I did it first
CLemens is a LIAR

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
Pine Tar said:
hofautos said:
Yes it is. And I live here so I may show up. But most likely will not. I will be housing a band of the FCB mis-fits though from varies parts of the USA, when they are in town. Should be some good times.

So what are some "MUST SEE AND DO" in Chicago, while we are there?
Will probably bring my wife.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
hoopster3977 said:
Check out "New Town" in the Chicago area. :lol:

I had to google it....saw the word flamboyant, and think i know what you are setting me up for :lol:
Wouldn't bother me though...some of the best restaurants are in the "flamboyant areas of San DIego.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Must see and do in Chicago?

First and foremost, it's a food town and there are a slew of local traditions. Italian beef sandwiches, Chicago-style hot dogs, deep dish pizza, amazing beef, etc. People have their favorites for pizza (typically one of the following...Uno's, Due's, Gino's, Lou Malnati's...so unless it's one of those or maybe one I forgot...don't waste your time), but for hot dogs the key is the dog itself - Vienna Beef. If it's not Vienna Beef, it's not a Chicago hot dog. If it has ketchup...it's not a Chicago dog and you'll have to put it on yourself. If the relish doesn't look like it should glow in the dark...it's not a Chicago dog.

Secondly, Chicago has a few legendary museums. From the Art Institute and the Field Museum being two of the best in their fields, to the Museum of Science and Industry, Adler Planetarium, etc.

Third, entertainment. From jazz or blues clubs and don't forget Second City or any of the comedy clubs. Second City (both Chicago and Toronto locations) produced over half of the Saturday Night Live casts since the incarnation.

Fourth, Michigan Avenue/Magnificent Mile. Like it's similar streets in LA and New York, Michigan Ave is all about shopping. Tourists like to see it, walk it, etc.

Obviously this is a slimmed down "must do" list, but it covers the truly unique aspects of Chicago.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Navy Pier is usually a pretty good afternoon to chill at as well from my experiences there. And I agree with Mike, The Field Museum is mandatory. They do incredible work

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
cgilmo said:
I'll get in Chicago mode after Atlanta.

This time, record your live video! Store it on LLWESMAN's website. Looks like LEAF is really stepping it up for you, CONGRATS!!

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
Can't wait for August.
I was at a conference a couple of weeks ago up there and I was fortunate enough to be able to go to the Art Institute.
I was blown away! I've never considered myself an art buff by any means, and I truly enjoyed it. When you are literally standing two feet away from some of the most famous paintings ever, it is really neat.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
goldenegg1 said:
Can't wait for August.
I was at a conference a couple of weeks ago up there and I was fortunate enough to be able to go to the Art Institute.
I was blown away! I've never considered myself an art buff by any means, and I truly enjoyed it. When you are literally standing two feet away from some of the most famous paintings ever, it is really neat.

I know what you mean, and that is EXACTLY how i feel. Art used to bore me, but recently I have been finding myself more and more intrigued and interested and have gained a lot of appreciation for art. But at the time of this picture (over 10 years ago) art meant nothing to me, but still being right there in front of well known masterpieces, just sent a kind of excitement through me. We weren't supposed to take pictures, but I didn't see the sign and my wife yelled at me as i took the picture..ooops...oh well...

I'm Not sure who the artist is, but I know I have seen it many times, and i am sure it is priceless. That's my daughter over 10 years ago in NY where it was a traveling show of masterpieces of the world. We all enjoyed it.

art.jpg

PaulKonerkbro

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago- White Sox Fan
Brewer Andy said:
hofautos said:
Pine Tar":1zs0yrge][quote=hofautos]Who's going? [url="http://www.nsccshow.com/show_details.shtml said:
http://www.nsccshow.com/show_details.shtml[/url]
Yes it is. And I live here so I may show up. But most likely will not. I will be housing a band of the FCB mis-fits though from varies parts of the USA, when they are in town. Should be some good times.

So what are some "MUST SEE AND DO" in Chicago, while we are there?
Will probably bring my wife.

Gino's East[/quote:1zs0yrge]

NO.

Latest posts