Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

not bad for a replacement jumbo box from Topps :) scans up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
Well, the case of my legit jumbo that had just one auto and then Topps sent me two crap filler autos is now officially closed. Why? THEY SENT ME WHAT I ASKED FOR!! What is that?

I just got a new factory-sealed jumbo in the mail from Topps...as a solution to their error. That's what I thought they should do, and they did it. Took a little prodding, but a "free" 2010 Bowman jumbo box arrived unannounced today. Too bad no Myers super or Harper orange ref, but hey, some good hits for a "free" box!

I bought the jumbo for the chance at something high end, and we pay money for that chance, not for filler crap....

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
Re: Topps does something VERY right....finally!!!! JOY JOY JOY

thanks dude

i'd do a live break on here, but not sure how to do that...

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire

I would ustream, but think i'll just keep with videoing here...

opened 6 packs so far: top hits:

orange strasburg /250 (my 2nd!)
harper chrome
gausman gold ref /50
coyle blue ref /250
henley ref /777
hahn ref /777
martin perez ref auto /500

not bad...and harper is reasonably well-centered and no scratches

will see what else is lurking in the shadows now...

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire

was going to post scans to the box-breaks thread/area, but figured who cares? will just put them here...

having problems with firefox....last few days, actually

the Teheran auto and Heyward auto are both extremely nice. Martin Perez ref au /500 will go back for a replacement, as sad as it sounds, because there is some damage on the bottom right of the card due to production-- the surface is scuffed off there. Otherwise, the orange Strasburg and Harper chrome look great and the Stras chrome is good too. Gausman gold ref /50 is clean, and the Coyle blue ref is clean. I also got a Cory Hahn ref and Henley ref, not in pictures. My 3rd ref /777 of Hahn, and I like that player. He should be excellent.

some nice inserts and parallels and RC, etc. Overall, this is how a box-break of the jumbo should be, esp since they're still going for $265 (I initially paid $200 for the box with the one auto).

"It's the squeaky wheel that gets the greasin'" -- the moral to this story. Cheers.

teheranchromeau.jpg

heywardchromeau.jpg

jumbo.jpg

jumbo2.jpg

jumbo3.jpg

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire

where is that kid who was mocking me for wanting a replacement box??? i don't hear him posting anything now...

:lol:

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008

bmp1971 said:
where is that kid who was mocking me for wanting a replacement box??? i don't hear him posting anything now...

Probably wondering why you still haven't said which ebay member "searched" your first box. Oh wait that was a different box "missing hits" :lol:

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
afrobandit said:
That was a great box.

thanks bro. other than the fact there were no colored autos, i'd say it was too. i'm psyched about the condition of the heyward and teheran autos, and sad about the perez that is damaged, but what can you do? topps says they'll replace damaged cards like that, so i might as well send it in.

between this one and the one that had just 1 auto, i actually got quite a bit of nice stuff. this box had all the biggest name players.

i still haven't hit a single ackley auto all year...

A_Pharis

bmp1971 said:

He probably went to supper that night. Then he probably went to bed... then woke up... and basically went on with life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts