Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

UD may have screwed up SPA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
First auto on ebay is a sticker. Part of the appeal was on card autos. This is an insert so the base may still be, but who knows with UD

738e_1.jpg

cwc2002

Dec 7, 2008
There was also a Tony Gonzalez auto from that same subset that was stickered. These cards come from SP Authentic RETAIL though, so who knows how the hobby version will look a week from now. I'd say that the rookie autos will still be auto'd on card.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
I have saw SP Authentic (2008) blasters being opened on another forum which guarantee a GU each.

From the looks of what I am seeing it might be entirely different than the hobby version to come but apparently the blasters are labeled as "SP Authentic".

flightposite said:
ffgameman said:
It is SP Authentic, only a retail version of the product....I think.

madman1978 said:
THIS IS NOT AP Authentic that is why!

It's just an insert set. SP Authentic does not get released at retail.

jubei777

Aug 7, 2008
oh crap. there goes the hope of getting some nice on card autos. i'll wait and see what pops up as we get closer to going live on the hobby side next week.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I saw a few blasters of these as well the other night at walley world when my wife went to get groceries.I contemplated on getting one but I never have much luck with the football so I left it alone.But they are available retail.

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
SP Authentic is not in retail stores.
What you are seeing in the stores is Upper Deck SP, they are not the same thing.

cwc2002

Dec 7, 2008
These cards in retail stores are DEFINATELY SP Authentic cards. Just check out this willie parker auto (not my auction)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Willie-Parker-08-SP ... dZViewItem

just read the fine print on bottom of the back of the card and you will clearly see "2008 SP Authentic Football". But like already mentioned, this is a retail insert, so who knows if the hobby will be stickered or on card.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
goldenegg1 said:
What you are seeing in the stores is Upper Deck SP, they are not the same thing.

Well the blaster said SP Authentic on it.I wouldn't lie to ya guy.Nothing to lose on that one.If someone would like I can go buy a blaster and scan the darn thing. :lol:

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
predatorkj said:
goldenegg1 said:

Well the blaster said SP Authentic on it.I wouldn't lie to ya guy.Nothing to lose on that one.If someone would like I can go buy a blaster and scan the darn thing. :lol:

I didn't mean to accuse you of lieing, I agree, nothing to gain out of lieing about it.
I must have seen something different. I may have to find a balster of these because I have seen alot of autos come out of these.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
I believe that this stuff is Upper Deck SP, not SP authentic...confusing? That is the point! Imagine if UD started
selling blaster of its best products with the same pull rates??

Keep Dreaming. UD retail is a waste

Kevin

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
They don't have to have the same pull ratios. I think UD released a retail version of SP Authentic baseball this year. Letter autographs were advertised on the blister packs but I bet the odds of getting one is extremely low in comparison to hobby.

From what those who have opened the product are saying the retail FB is packaged as SP Authentic, not SP.

schmidtfan20 said:
I believe that this stuff is Upper Deck SP, not SP authentic...confusing? That is the point! Imagine if UD started
selling blaster of its best products with the same pull rates??

Keep Dreaming. UD retail is a waste

Kevin

Members online

Latest posts