Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FCB Daily - Friday - February 11th, 2011

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

deceptikon1978

Apr 7, 2009
Good morning.

Bought a card on Sportlots for the first time the other day. Browsing around their site this morning, I see this...

Negative feedback can not be left until you have filed an issue with the seller. A positive outcome is much more likely if you first provide the seller enough time to resolve the issue before leaving negative feedback.

So I can't leave random negatives for no reason other than being a spiteful internet bastard? Seriously though, pretty damn good idea.

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
Morning love the -6 degrees today in the mntns. Who knows what the windschill is. What a winter for everyone this year :(

Shi Guy

Jul 23, 2010
Seattle, Wa
http://cgi.ebay.com/JAKE-LOCKER-sig...671?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item564131885f

This brilliant seller details all of the special parts of this "authentic" UW helmet autographed by Locker, including the "Dawgs" front bumper, "Washington" rear bumper and a 4x6 auto of Locker "signing the helmet." Too bad the helmet in the photo has RIDDELL in big red letters on the front bumper... Oops.

Scammers piss me off, but at least their stupid.

deceptikon1978

Apr 7, 2009
One Bad Day said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/JAKE-LOCKER-sig...671?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item564131885f

This brilliant seller details all of the special parts of this "authentic" UW helmet autographed by Locker, including the "Dawgs" front bumper, "Washington" rear bumper and a 4x6 auto of Locker "signing the helmet." Too bad the helmet in the photo has RIDDELL in big red letters on the front bumper... Oops.

Haha, reminds me of this one I posted the other day... [ebay:2f835ifq]270631805802[/ebay:2f835ifq]

When I saw the pic I was gonna get it thinking it's a full size, nope, it's a mini :benson:

cwells46

Aug 7, 2008
Pigeon Forge, TN
Morning guys :mrgreen:

Tax refund came in yesterday a day early.....I am gonna do something crazy with it to....

I put it in savings :shock:

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
can you loan me money chad I need to pay 6100 :lol: ....actually should be a crying smiley. So sad its funny :?

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
One Bad Day said:

I messaged him just to be a dick and politley asked "if the helmet for sale is the one or is it the riddell he is signing in the pic. I just like everything to match.. Thanks H"

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
One Bad Day said:

The "Dawgs" on the front is just a sticker, it could have been put on the helmet after the signing.

TexasHiro

Dec 24, 2010
mstng99tim said:
One Bad Day said:

The "Dawgs" on the front is just a sticker, it could have been put on the helmet after the signing.

Took the words right out of my mouth! Oh... and good morning guys... I'll be opening a box of 2010 Contenders live soon...

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
mstng99tim said:
One Bad Day said:

I know that but would love to hear what he says lol.. No way he put that sticker on after

joeyV

May 20, 2009
New Orleans
Good Morning. My taxes will be deposited next week. Will be buying boxes. I planned to buy a couple of older TOpps Chrome boxes so I can help my sets and have some fun at the same time. I want a box of contenders also.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
wheeler281 said:
mstng99tim said:
One Bad Day said:

No way he put that sticker on after
Why not?

Shi Guy

Jul 23, 2010
Seattle, Wa
Haha, thanks Wheeler, I can't wait to read his reply.

Tim, while I appreciate your optimism, I'll remain pessimistic here and assume that the helmet in the picture is a different helmet. It does seem unlikely that someone would go through the trouble of modifying the helmet after the auto was acquired. At the very least the seller is guilty of a lack of interest, as I would think that anyone truly interested in proving the authenticity of their item would make sure the item in the photo matched the item in the auction exactly.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I'm just saying it's a possibilty that he added the stickers on after.

The Steelers have numbers on the front of their helmets, what if I added "75" to the front of this tomorrow? Does that mean I can't be trusted or that the auto should be questioned?

JoeGreeneFShelmet.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts