Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Need some eBay advice...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eef97

Jun 24, 2010
There is a seller who has two items I am interested in. He has a BIN or BO on them. We have been corresponding through his e-mail and mine (not through ebay.) He told me he would sell them for a set price. I made the offers on both of them and he declined and sent me a money request through pay-pal. He said he would only do it this way. I believe he is only trying to avoid ebay final value fees, but is this safe as I will be protected by pay-pal but I lose ebay protection along with the ability to leave feedback. His rating is actually really good with high dollar transactions, but this one would top that all at a price of $950. Plmk what you would do. I am still a little uncertain about doing this without having eBay backing it.

abeabe

Oct 3, 2010
He obviously is trying to avoid final value fees. It's against the rules of ebay, but this type thing happens all the time. It is up to you whether you whether you trust the person. Paypal will still cover you as long as you don't send as a gift.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
abeabe said:
He obviously is trying to avoid final value fees. It's against the rules of ebay, but this type thing happens all the time. It is up to you whether you whether you trust the person. Paypal will still cover you as long as you don't send as a gift.

This!

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
I sell a lot of cards off my website and all I use is paypal and people are still protected if something goes wrong..
The only thing they cannot do is leave feedback.
So you are covered as long as you do not send as a gift

Hope this helps

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts