Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

So what did you submit for Leaf's Custom Cuts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
That's a fantastic pic of Ichiro, would it be more valuable without the PSA and Ichiro holo just because it's stamped 1 of 1? To me the pic is too nice to cut up, but that's just me.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
ronfromfresno said:
That's a fantastic pic of Ichiro, would it be more valuable without the PSA and Ichiro holo just because it's stamped 1 of 1? To me the pic is too nice to cut up, but that's just me.
If he were to sell it than yes, it would sell for more as a cut.

If it is PC, I personally would rather have the pic.

abeabe

Oct 3, 2010
Anybody know more about which cuts they want? Is there a link for what items they are looking for for submission?

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
abeabe said:
Anybody know more about which cuts they want? Is there a link for what items they are looking for for submission?
They will slab anything PSA'd on a first come, first served basis. If you're the first to sub a Mickey Mantle, you get a 1/1 designation. After that, they are slabbed without a 1/1. That's my understanding.

Mizzourah

Aug 7, 2008
Missouri
I bought the Ichiro as an investment, I'm looking to make some coin off of it.

Considering that the 1/1's have a white border, I think that cut will look absolutely SICK with the black and silver.

Sweetness

Mar 1, 2009
Cut cards are retarded, especially for living people. Cut cards are just a cheap and lazy way for card companies to make auto'd cards. For dead people it makes a bit more sence but card companies will hack up anything, sometimes ruining a very nice original.

The Ichiro cut is an O.K. idea if the OP is attempting to make a profit but I would rather have the original pic framed.

Check out the thread titled: Photoshop Savy - Would this fit in a leaf cut??? The OP want to hack up an Auto'd Springstein Concert Ticket. That is a perfect example of ruining a nice piece of memorabilia to make a cut.

Mizzourah

Aug 7, 2008
Missouri
The ichiro has already been subbed, and I don't really have any regrets. It's a very nice piece, but I'm not really an Ichiro fan, so the photo doesn't really have a ton of appeal to me as a collector. I'm simply looking to turn a profit off of it...

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I didn't sub anything this year, but maybe next year I will sub a Dick Siebert index, and I might do a Glen Perkins auto (stupid, I know, but I think it would be a neat PC item).

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
TBTwinsFan said:
I didn't sub anything this year, but maybe next year I will sub a Dick Siebert index, and I might do a Glen Perkins auto (stupid, I know, but I think it would be a neat PC item).

I can assure you that if you wait 5 years and submit the Glen Perkins for the cut, it will be the first and still be a 1/1 ;)

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
This comes across to me like ******* the brand name for a one shot hit. To each their own.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
kbob119 said:
2 for me...

I talked to BG and this one should be a 1/1...that should be a nice sale :D
ichiro.jpg

If it was a pack pulled 1/1 Ichiro Auto I bet it would. A manufactured 1/1 I dont know. Will you list it as a manufactured 1/1 or hope people think it was pack pulled?

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
P_Manning 18 said:
kbob119 said:
2 for me...

I talked to BG and this one should be a 1/1...that should be a nice sale :D
ichiro.jpg

If it was a pack pulled 1/1 Ichiro Auto I bet it would. A manufactured 1/1 I dont know. Will you list it as a manufactured 1/1 or hope people think it was pack pulled?

I think it's quite transparent what everybody is going to do with these "1/1", cards.

abeabe

Oct 3, 2010
Somehow I can't grasp how some Lee Macphail cuts are going for more then long deceased and more well known HOFers. Something crazy about a guys index card I can get for .88 by sending him a TTM, that other people are paying $22+ for because it slabbed, yet Roush, Waner and some others who died 20+ years ago all sell in $20-$60 range for the same slabbed card. There is a Edd J Roush 2010 Leaf Sports Icons /21 up now that is at $20+ but will probaby end under $35?? Yet the Macphail with 4x as many cuts produced sold for more then that card has bids for???

Members online