Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Best Non-Prospect RC Buys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
Am I the only one that thinks that Felix Hernandez chrome autos are a great buy at around $70 per? If Trout gets like $80+ vs. a Cy Young winner at the prime of his career is no-brainer IMO..

I just bought 5 at around $72 each.

Another great buy are Lester chromes...

Who else you got?

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Justin Verlander Chromes have been getting between $20-$35 this offseason. He's basically one of the top 5 or 10 pitchers in the AL every year. Seems highly undervalued.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
King Felix is a great buy. Already one cy young. producing on the biggest stage in the world.

Mike Trout has yet to see action in the MLB. might never make it

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
ThoseBackPages said:
King Felix is a great buy. Already one cy young. producing on the biggest stage in the world.

Mike Trout has yet to see action in the MLB. might never make it

Indeed, I'm dabbling in the non-prospect (but young star) market for the first time...see how it goes...

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
shayscards79 said:
Hanley Ramirez might start getting some respect one of these days

He's coming off a year in which he took a step back while having his attitude, work ethic, and hustle questioned....the amount of respect he gets is up to him.

carlitoson

Aug 7, 2008
If you guys think Lester is "undervalued" at 40 bucks, then so is Youkilis.

A couple months ago I would've said the 2006 SP Authentic Nishioka card (#58), but it looks like all of the "bargains" have been gobbled up by now.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Edwin Jackson, somethings clicked since the move to the Whitesox. Turns 27 this year and has a ton of mlb experience.

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
Adamsince1981 said:
shayscards79 said:
Hanley Ramirez might start getting some respect one of these days

He's coming off a year in which he took a step back while having his attitude, work ethic, and hustle questioned....the amount of respect he gets is up to him.

I agree with what you are saying, but over the course of his career, his stuff has been very undervalued.

cjb9421

Feb 17, 2010
carlitoson said:
If you guys think Lester is "undervalued" at 40 bucks, then so is Youkilis.

A couple months ago I would've said the 2006 SP Authentic Nishioka card (#58), but it looks like all of the "bargains" have been gobbled up by now.

Whats the deal on Nishioka

carlitoson

Aug 7, 2008
cjb9421 said:
Same story as Alexei Ramirez...international player whose cards you could've bought for a dollar, then he's handed a starting MLB infield position and you could sell for $30.

cjb9421

Feb 17, 2010
carlitoson said:
cjb9421 said:
Same story as Alexei Ramirez...international player whose cards you could've bought for a dollar, then he's handed a starting MLB infield position and you could sell for $30.

Thanks for the tip, I just bought all 25, Tsuyoshi Nishioka 2006 Upper Deck Future Stars World Future Stars Rookies from the beckett marketplace...maybe it'll pay off. Either way I didnt have anything to lose.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
Messier2 said:
Am I the only one that thinks that Felix Hernandez chrome autos are a great buy at around $70 per? If Trout gets like $80+ vs. a Cy Young winner at the prime of his career is no-brainer IMO..

Who else you got?

One big no no in my opinion is comparing a guys value to a current top prospect like Trout. I would never recommend buying a current star because their prices are under Trouts.

With that said, Felix isn't a bad buy-but I think there are much better investments that would be easier to profit from going forward.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
hail2thevictors said:
Messier2 said:

Who else you got?

One big no no in my opinion is comparing a guys value to a current top prospect like Trout. I would never recommend buying a current star because their prices are under Trouts.

With that said, Felix isn't a bad buy-but I think there are much better investments that would be easier to profit from going forward.

Point taken...just my first flurry into a non-prospect player...let's see how it goes! :)

t3dudek

Mar 20, 2010
I think a few players from last years rookie class have a shot at shining this year because lst year it was all about Heyward, Posey an Strasburg.

Players like
Andrew Cashner
Ike Davis
Ruben Tejada
Austin Jackson

an sept call ups like
Danny Espinosa

have alot of room to grow

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Jay Bruce

Only turns 24 on opening day and produced a pretty nice +4 WAR season last year for a division winner with a great fan base.

Yankees1218

Jan 1, 2010
Most are prospects but either way, these players seem to be REALLY safe buys.

Yu Darvish- Will be the biggest international signing next offseason and will get LOADS of attention and hype. VERY safe buy.
Anthony Rendon- Most likely #1 overall pick and will see card price jumps if all goes well, even though not much can go wrong.
Michael Stanton- Could put up HUGE numbers this year and see lots of growth.