Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2010 Exquisite Football

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jamuser304

Apr 24, 2009
Oops, I thought I was responding to the daily thread. Either way, it deserves its own thread. Thoughts?
Credit to PetestillRose for posting it there and Sanders for posting it online.
182816_182274735141464_157056550996616_383829_3364691_n.jpg

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
That card looks great! I'll reserve judgment on the set as a whole until I see if they have a bunch of pro jerseys that don't match the college colors in the pictures (i.e. Colts blue jersey with Manning pictured in orange/white Tennessee).

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
Card Magnet said:
That card looks great! I'll reserve judgment on the set as a whole until I see if they have a bunch of pro jerseys that don't match the college colors in the pictures (i.e. Colts blue jersey with Manning pictured in orange/white Tennessee).

Exactly. I am not a fan of the pro jerseys with the NCAA stuff but wish UD would at least incorporate the white swatch with Manning's stuff.

TexasHiro

Dec 24, 2010
RITM said:
Card Magnet said:

Exactly. I am not a fan of the pro jerseys with the NCAA stuff but wish UD would at least incorporate the white swatch with Manning's stuff.

I agree, it's cool if they can get actual college jerseys, but if not at least get it to match! I think the college jerseys brings a whole new value to the cards because there are a lot of collectors who hold allegiance to a college and would rather spend much more on a card with the actual college a guy went to than the pro team he pays for. Look at how these SPX patches are selling on eby... there is a plain yellow Jahvid Best patch/auto going to way more than the average Jahvid stuff and it's numbered to 50 not like it's extremely low.

PetestillRose

Jan 6, 2011
Just my two cents:

The college uni's are great, not only because they're actually game-used (I think?) but also because of the scarcity. The "R" for the swatch window isn't my favorite, but look at that big picture on the side, it's simple, it's elegant, it's gonna look great with an auto.

Can't wait to get my mitts on one of those suckers. If you looked at the other pictures Sanders posted (link in the daily) he's got a big stack of cards next to him, so let's hope Exquisite is all on-card and National Treasures gets left holding stickers that look ridonkulous next to Five Star and this.

jamuser304

Apr 24, 2009
PetestillRose said:
Just my two cents:

The college uni's are great, not only because they're actually game-used (I think?) but also because of the scarcity. The "R" for the swatch window isn't my favorite, but look at that big picture on the side, it's simple, it's elegant, it's gonna look great with an auto.

Can't wait to get my mitts on one of those suckers. If you looked at the other pictures Sanders posted (link in the daily) he's got a big stack of cards next to him, so let's hope Exquisite is all on-card and National Treasures gets left holding stickers that look ridonkulous next to Five Star and this.

No. the college patches are not game used. At least for the rookies. They are swatches from jerseys worn at the rookie premiere.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
jamuser304 said:
PetestillRose said:
Just my two cents:

No. the college patches are not game used. At least for the rookies. They are swatches from jerseys worn at the rookie premiere.
Yep, and the jerseys at the rookie premiere had about 10 extra patches per jersey to give more filler for cards.

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
:lol: :lol:
Love all the patches and logos you mean the gators jersey does not look like that :?

29837_389865928950_61698633950_4333607_4227323_n.jpg

TexasHiro

Dec 24, 2010
I said it once, I'll say it twice... patches are over rated. Yes they are a nice feature to some cards, but who really wants a patch because Tebow wore it for 2 mins. I want real game used jerseys with grass, dirt, blood and gatorade stains!

Members online

Latest posts