Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pujols rejects offer ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
So does anyone know what the offer was?
Some guys deny there was ever a offer yet
Some say he rejected it Anyone know?

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
Dont know but the Cardinals better get serious and quick. 2 more days until check in. The Cardinals will lose a fan for sure. The Cardinals would lose ticket sales becuase Pujols put people in the seats. The city will probably start a freaking riot and i feel bad for owners of the team anytime they are introduced this year. St.Louis losing Pujols will be worse than Cleveland losing Lebron.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Ive said it once.... ill say it again.

He will be a Cub in 2012. They have Carlos Pena for only 1 year....not often you sign a guy for only 1 year... but they know they had plans for 2012.

SamHell

Jun 12, 2010
Texas
Heard this as well on MLB radio. No details, just that he had rejected an offer. Pujols wouldn't have much of an agent if he took the first offer. I wouldn't read too much into it.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
Well I know Tuesday is deadline until after the season
which we all know means more money. I think eventually something
will get done if not he would have to sell/move the following:
Restaurant,house,Pujols foundation,location of charity golf tourney
Not to mention that said restaurant would probably get burned down
from residents of STL

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
PujolsCollector said:
Dont know but the Cardinals better get serious and quick. 2 more days until check in. The Cardinals will lose a fan for sure. The Cardinals would lose ticket sales becuase Pujols put people in the seats. The city will probably start a freaking riot and i feel bad for owners of the team anytime they are introduced this year. St.Louis losing Pujols will be worse than Cleveland losing Lebron.

First off, the Cardinals packed Busch Stadium before Pujols.
Second, they won World Series before Pujols.
Third, if fans leave over not signing a player, you were not a TRUE fan. I would be pissed over not resigned him but I would get over it.
Finally, he will sign. Cubs and O's have the two real shots at him come November. He would be a year older and many clubs agree with StL that his demands would be too much. Long and short his best money is in New Busch Stadium.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
I'm not blaming the owners one bit, but the uniformed, ignorant fans sure will.

I don't mind if Pujols leaves. I'm tired as hell of people thinking the entire team is composed of Pujols. I don't even want him on the team this year. It's going to be a huge distraction.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
P_Manning 18 said:
Ive said it once.... ill say it again.

He will be a Cub in 2012. They have Carlos Pena for only 1 year....not often you sign a guy for only 1 year... but they know they had plans for 2012.

If you want to read into it that much, go ahead. But a team wouldn't be wise to sign Pena to a multi-year deal, even if he is a decent one year fix.

jmill88

Dec 22, 2010
St. Louis, MO
Skorris CCBC said:
I'm not blaming the owners one bit, but the uniformed, ignorant fans sure will.

I don't mind if Pujols leaves. I'm tired as hell of people thinking the entire team is composed of Pujols. I don't even want him on the team this year. It's going to be a huge distraction.

I'm not going so far as to say I don't want him on the team if he is a distraction, but tired of everyone thinking the team/organization will be lost without him.

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
These negotiations have really divided the fanbase. I hope the same is not the case for Albert and the team's management. It will be interesting to see how the fans treat him if he remains unsigned throughout the season. I, for one, will be devastated if he leaves.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
Yes if he leaves it will suck. I just wonder who would
they get for 1B? I will still be a STL fan but it would
definately set us back bigtime.

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
craiger122003 said:

They'll resign Berkman and put him there.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
I feel the Cards can live without him. But he will not be in a Cubs uniform anytime soon or even in 2012. And I'm a Cubs fan.
Let the Yankees do what ever they can to land the great PHAT Albert.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
Probably, even when they signed him I immediately thought that they
had doubts about signing Pujols

mwashuc06 said:
craiger122003 said:

They'll resign Berkman and put him there.

maxpower

Jan 6, 2010
craiger122003 said:

Who knows? But just remember that anyone can catch lightning in a bottle for one season and make a run (see the SF Giants). Even with a hole at 1B it's possible that the Cards could still be competitive.

But the flipside is that the Cards have nearly as good of a chance to win by signing Pujols, even if his performance declines (again, see the SF Giants and Barry Zito).

I think that's why I favor resigning him so strongly. I don't think that signing him makes it significantly less likely that the Cards will win another title in the next decade. I think it's a longshot either way (not because the Cards are bad, but b/c it's such a crapshoot). And if that's the case, I'd rather sign Pujols, keep the icon in STL through the end of his career, and just be able to keep him as a part of Cardinals history.

I'd LOVE to see El Hombre take his rightful place in the pantheon of Cardinals greats right next to Stan The Man. The Cards may not win the WS again for awhile, but I'll be happy to continue watching one of the greatest hitters (and all-around solid guys) of all time.

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
maxpower said:
craiger122003 said:

Who knows? But just remember that anyone can catch lightning in a bottle for one season and make a run (see the SF Giants). Even with a hole at 1B it's possible that the Cards could still be competitive.

But the flipside is that the Cards have nearly as good of a chance to win by signing Pujols, even if his performance declines (again, see the SF Giants and Barry Zito).

I think that's why I favor resigning him so strongly. I don't think that signing him makes it significantly less likely that the Cards will win another title in the next decade. I think it's a longshot either way (not because the Cards are bad, but b/c it's such a crapshoot). And if that's the case, I'd rather sign Pujols, keep the icon in STL through the end of his career, and just be able to keep him as a part of Cardinals history.

I'd LOVE to see El Hombre take his rightful place in the pantheon of Cardinals greats right next to Stan The Man. The Cards may not win the WS again for awhile, but I'll be happy to continue watching one of the greatest hitters (and all-around solid guys) of all time.

Very well said.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
MadHandle11 said:
I heard that the Mariners were a front runner to sign him next season but then I woke up. A boy can dream...
That would be crazy the 2001 NL and AL ROY playing on the same team and the same side of the feild. Managers dream but a very very unlikely dream :lol:

Members online