Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Video Preview of Leaf Ali, and Army Football

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
[youtube:24sq9c5z]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRUpuyTppv4[/youtube:24sq9c5z]

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Brian (if you see this),

Are the Ali refractors and superfractors in the upcoming product, or are they part of the "metal" set you said will be coming out next year?

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Ty Hope said:
Brian (if you see this),

Are the Ali refractors and superfractors in the upcoming product, or are they part of the "metal" set you said will be coming out next year?

I can answer this, those are from the Metals. There are 100 auto and 100 unauto supers in the set.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
George_Calfas said:
Those Everlast Patches will be hot on ebay.

They did a tremendous job with them, no matter what you thought of Razor these cards look well done.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
To my knowledge, Leaf sold out of the Ali products this weekend and they look absolutely sick in person.

Using the same technology that Topps is using for the most part, only on a slightly heavier stock, they look great. As I understood it, superfractors will fall every other case on average and there will be a full set of both on card signed and unsigned superfractors. The backs and the coloring of the serial-numbers will differentiate between the two with the unsigned backs including the same content that is on the base and refractors, the signed backs include an authenticity statement from Leaf.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
200lbhockeyplayer said:
To my knowledge, Leaf sold out of the Ali products this weekend and they look absolutely sick in person.

Using the same technology that Topps is using for the most part, only on a slightly heavier stock, they look great. As I understood it, superfractors will fall every other case on average and there will be a full set of both on card signed and unsigned superfractors. The backs and the coloring of the serial-numbers will differentiate between the two with the unsigned backs including the same content that is on the base and refractors, the signed backs include an authenticity statement from Leaf.

One plus to these is etching over Topps baseball.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
The Reds and Supers look great. ( Can't believe I just typed that )

Does topps own the rights to Superfractors? The name and design.... on a quick glance it looks like the same design.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
P_Manning 18 said:
The Reds and Supers look great. ( Can't believe I just typed that )

Does topps own the rights to Superfractors? The name and design.... on a quick glance it looks like the same design.

It's a printing technique not a design.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Has there been a checklist? Cause I am getting a bit nervous at the lack of "Opponents, Associates or "Fans of Ali" cards in any of the videos and pictures. If all we see is being placed in the product that would be nice, but I am pretty sure that wont be the case.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
nyc3 said:
Has there been a checklist? Cause I am getting a bit nervous at the lack of "Opponents, Associates or "Fans of Ali" cards in any of the videos and pictures. If all we see is being placed in the product that would be nice, but I am pretty sure that wont be the case.

They had all of the associates and opponents there. If you look and see the big pile in the video that is all of them, I am sure that Brian can provide a checklist. Some other people may have seen them and looked more in depth at them. They did have complete sets out for display at the show all weekend.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
beefycheddar said:
nyc3 said:

They had all of the associates and opponents there. If you look and see the big pile in the video that is all of them, I am sure that Brian can provide a checklist. Some other people may have seen them and looked more in depth at them. They did have complete sets out for display at the show all weekend.

Yeah I see the same 6 cards unless I am missing something.

It looks like Magic, hogan, jones jr., trump, Nolan, Rourke. I think they are also getting Dundee and frazier. But that cant be all, its the names we are not seeing thats worrying me. Cause so far its perfect!

rehmus

Mar 10, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Not sure if this came across in the video, but the "supers" really do look like superfractors. They nailed that look.

Some of the Ali autos are a little rough, him being old and shaky and all, but some were also surprisingly good.

The relic cards, I concur, will be very popular.

I'm not a huge Ali fan, nor am I a huge wax buster, but I'd definitely enjoy getting in to this.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
rehmus said:
Not sure if this came across in the video, but the "supers" really do look like superfractors. They nailed that look.

Some of the Ali autos are a little rough, him being old and shaky and all, but some were also surprisingly good.

The relic cards, I concur, will be very popular.

I'm not a huge Ali fan, nor am I a huge wax buster, but I'd definitely enjoy getting in to this.

You can really see Brian is a fan of Ali with this product. I hope he works something out to continue working with the Ali foundation even if its just a relic set cause the photography is great and the best Ali cards produced ever, by far.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
nyc3 said:
beefycheddar said:
nyc3 said:

Yeah I see the same 6 cards unless I am missing something.

It looks like Magic, hogan, jones jr., trump, Nolan, Rourke. I think they are also getting Dundee and frazier. But that cant be all, its the names we are not seeing thats worrying me. Cause so far its perfect!

I'll try to screen cap when home, I wish I had been asked this earlier, Brian was fine with me taking anything out and looking but I figured I covered it. The associates and opponents were above the Hogan, Magic and what not.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
beefycheddar said:
I'll try to screen cap when home, I wish I had been asked this earlier, Brian was fine with me taking anything out and looking but I figured I covered it. The associates and opponents were above the Hogan, Magic and what not.

Maybe I came off wrong since its early, by no means do I think BG is hiding these like the ring from lord of the rings. I am just excited for these and sick of waiting for the CL :lol:

Also under the reds are those blue variations? What the hell are we calling these? Refractors?

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
nyc3 said:
beefycheddar said:

Maybe I came off wrong since its early, by no means do I think BG is hiding these like the ring from lord of the rings. I am just excited for these and sick of waiting for the CL :lol:

Also under the reds are those blue variations? What the hell are we calling these? Refractors?

There were red, blue, base and supers. I'm guessing they will be prismatics, or I'd just call them prisms.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
My problem with the name "prismatic" is that metal does not and cannot be a prism, therefore it's kind of silly. Metal will vary in luster, sheen, etc...which would be my hangup with the naming, but it doesn't really matter if the cards look great. And they do.

Members online

Latest posts