Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ebay auction app

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

des1984

Aug 6, 2009
I heard that some use apps that help complete ebay auctions when listing. What's the benefit? Are templates used to quicken the process? Are there fees to use the apps?

I'm just trying to find a quicker way to list auctions and to list them at the time I identify instead of when I finally get to it. I would rather not have to pay the additional fee to list the items when I want.

Thanks in advance!

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
I use turbolister still. Ebay offers updates taht you can get right through the program that sync it with the current system they are runningon and requirements they have for listings. It allows you to enter in an item information and then just duplicate it very easily and change just the title information (if that works for you). I do this all the time.

I can use a generic description like:

The picture may show multiple cards but you are bidding on just the item in the title and the card in the picture is the exact one you will receive. The high bidder is to pay $2.50 for shipping and handling. All cards ship in bubble mailers with delivery confirmation. Payment to be made through Paypal only. Thank you for looking/bidding and good luck!

Then, I just have to change the title each time to reflect the item being bid on. I'll scan in say 9 cards (b/c that is what fits on my scanner bed). I try to keep them all to the same product when possible to keep the changes to the item titles easy. Say 9 2010 Bowman Chrome blue refractors. So I create one item in Turbo lister:

"David Ortiz 2010 Bowman Chrome Blue Refractor /150", upload my photo and drop in the item description above. Specify all my requirements, shipping fees, etc. in the appropriate Turbolister boxes, and then I duplicate this item 8 times. Now, I only have to change the name of the player - Derrek Lee, Josh Willingham, etc... and then I can upload all of the items at the same time to ebay.

This program has saved me tons of time. I'd highly recommend it. I'm sure there are others, but this one is available on ebay, for free, and there is plenty of support for it on the ebay website.

Hope this helps!
Bill

des1984

Aug 6, 2009
Sorry....my dang job got in the way of goofing off!

So, how is that different than just "sell similar item" on ebay? You can use generic and just change title?

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
des1984 said:
Sorry....my dang job got in the way of goofing off!

So, how is that different than just "sell similar item" on ebay? You can use generic and just change title?

I guess it depends on the speed of your computer. I usually have a delay of at least a few seconds and it's almost like it gets hung up from time to to time going between the listing page, the confirmation page and the final "you listed your item" page, which, when listing a ton of auctions, really slows me down. It actually frustrates me to the point that I'll stop listing sometimes b/c I get tired of the time suck.

Turbo lister, for me, is much much faster and easier.

If you want the added details, I can tell you that it will also sync with ebay for you, so you can get a synapsis of how your items are doing without going to the website. You can also save all your items forever in there, so even though they expire on your my ebay page after some point, they never go away in turbo lister, which makes relisting old items a cinch.

Members online

Latest posts