Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Have you ever sent ttm OMLB?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
Dont waste your time, 90% of the time you don't get them back. And when you do get them back the autograph is smudged or signed in a horrible spot.

Penno

Sep 5, 2008
Oxford, AL
Yes, but only to people that have great success rates for TTMs. I always tape my note right under the sweet spot and I've always had them signed on the sweet spot. I also always send my own pen which I know dries fairly fast so it won't get smugged.

As for packaging, 2 plastic bubble mailers is what I recommend.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Lancemountain said:
I have sent many balls ttm and they came back just fine each time.
+ like 50 non smudged autographed balls

I have only had 4 taken. Mostly when I was stupid and sent to bigger players who dont sign :lol:

How I did it was I wrap the ball in acid free tissue paper leaving the sweet spot exposed put that inside a bubble mailer (addressed to me) inside a LARGER bubble mailer (addressed to the player) bring it to the Post office and get postage for BOTH bubble mailers and seal up the largest one.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
securedsports said:
Dont waste your time, 90% of the time you don't get them back. And when you do get them back the autograph is smudged or signed in a horrible spot.

Not true.

Last year, I sent 2 OMLB's TTM during ST-to Stephen Strasburg and Buster Posey. Got both back, within probably 3 weeks.

The key is to send to players who are answering their mail during ST-check out sites like sportscollectors.net, which is a great site to follow in terms of who is answering their mail. Last ST, I saw Stras and Posey had answered a good chunk of mail, so I mailed an OMLB to each of them. If you send in a #0 bubble mailer, you should be fine-I think they are 4x8 in size?

One bit of advice-mail the OMLB in a plastic zip lock bag. This really helps in terms of smudging, which can happen when sending a ball TTM. Never use the wrapper things that OMLB's come in-those smudge OMLBs pretty bad usually. Toss the OMLB in a zip lock, write up a nice letter, and include a SASE(another 4x8 bubble mailer).

All in all, it could be argued that OMLB's offer a better return rate than cards, because the package is much bigger, and sticks out. No matter what you do, the best time to send is around the coming weeks-but the most important thing is to do research as to who does and doesn't sign. If guys haven't been answering mail, don't waste an OMLB.

Good luck!

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
I also dont complain about where they sign since its nice to get something for nothing. Even though I have never had this problem its a bit classless to complain about the location of your free autograph. If you want an autograph on the sweet spot pay for it, it you plan on selling the autograph and it ruins the value open a business and pay them to sign for you.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
nyc3 said:
I also dont complain about where they sign since its nice to get something for nothing. Even though I have never had this problem its a bit classless to complain about the location of your free autograph. If you want an autograph on the sweet spot pay for it, it you plan on selling the autograph and it ruins the value open a business and pay them to sign for you.

I absolutely can not stand people who cry about a baseball not being signed on the sweetspot. Quick story:

I am a big Tigers fan. My buddy and I went to a Sunday day game with our girlfriends-so it was the 4 of us. Tigers vs Royals, he wanted to check out the area around the Royals dugout, so the rest of us went out to left field where pitchers were playing catch and such. At the time, Jair Jurrjens was up with the Tigers(this was late 2007), and we hadn't got his autograph yet. He came over to sign, and I got him and he signed the sweetspot. I had my girlfriend get a ball signed for my buddy-and he side-paneled the baseball. I didn't think anything of it, I was happy that I got him for my buddy. We get back to where he is, and he decides to throw a fit like a 4 year old kid, because Jair side-paneled the ball. He made me, and my girlfriend, feel like complete idiots. It was something I will never forget, and an incredible act of selfishness.

I don't care where a guy signs a baseball, when it's for free.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
hail2thevictors said:
nyc3 said:

I absolutely can not stand people who cry about a baseball not being signed on the sweetspot. Quick story:

I am a big Tigers fan. My buddy and I went to a Sunday day game with our girlfriends-so it was the 4 of us. Tigers vs Royals, he wanted to check out the area around the Royals dugout, so the rest of us went out to left field where pitchers were playing catch and such. At the time, Jair Jurrjens was up with the Tigers(this was late 2007), and we hadn't got his autograph yet. He came over to sign, and I got him and he signed the sweetspot. I had my girlfriend get a ball signed for my buddy-and he side-paneled the baseball. I didn't think anything of it, I was happy that I got him for my buddy. We get back to where he is, and he decides to throw a fit like a 4 year old kid, because Jair side-paneled the ball. He made me, and my girlfriend, feel like complete idiots. It was something I will never forget, and an incredible act of selfishness.

I don't care where a guy signs a baseball, when it's for free.

What I have noticed, especially when I am at a public signing, players will sign SP by default because the probably won't know you are a collector. If you request it before they sign, nicely, with a "please" it doesn't make it bad to ask for a SS sig.

Members online