Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What's a good minimum bid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

autocut

What's a good minimum bid to start out with on the bay? About to clear out everything not in my personal collection. i was going to get all of my unreleased cards graded (for protection purposes), but seems SGC don't grade unreleased cards and Beckett wants a background report in order to add it to their database before they will grade them. I haven't talked to PSA yet, but if it is hassle free, they got my business. For the rest, what is a good starting point. 99 cents was a consideration, but notice most stuff that starts at 99 cents ends with a low bid.

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
I will usually start everything with a $0.95 starting price. Works out pretty well for me and I rearely have anything that gets one or no bids.
Best of luck my friend!

autorook

Jan 30, 2011
California
If you don't list it at a starting low bid you run the risk of your cards not selling for a long time if you do the buy it now option.

olerudfan

Aug 7, 2008
Arizona
I usually start auctions at 0.99 for items I want to move and don't care what the end price is.

For items I don't want to run risk of selling for less then I want to get, I wait until Ebay has one of the promotions where you can start at whatever price for free, usually up to 100 items.

On items where there is no comparable items or items I think the current auction end prices are lower then they should be, I will list on BIN for 30 day period with price I want or sometimes with offer if I'm flexible.

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
autocut said:
Ok. I'll just give that a shot and run with it. My son was born last Tuesday, so cleaning out a bunch. Thanks for the feedback.

Congrats! I hope mom and baby are doing well. Enjoy fatherhood, it's awesome :)

Members online

Latest posts