Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

If Pujols goes to the Yankees...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J_Hamilton_32

Sep 9, 2009
I read somewhere that if Pujols signed with the Yankees he'd play first, Arod would dh and Tex would play third. Does anyone else think it's possible?

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
No, not probable.

Unless Pujols becomes a starting pitcher, the Yankees have no use for him. Anyone projecting "if Pujols goes to the Yankees..." is just looking to stir the pot but not add any substance.

The entire concept of putting Teixeira at 3rd, ARod as DH and Pujols at 1st is grasping at straws. While we're making crazy discussion, they'll probably have to move Jesus Montero to 2B and Robinson Cano behind the plate, right?

J_Hamilton_32

Sep 9, 2009
numba1yankeefan said:
that would be dumb. tex is one of the best first basemen in the game. and dont think we would get him in the first place

ya they don't really need em, I heard cashamn before though say they would look into em if he hit free agency though.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
ARod will be moving to DH next year, but no way Tex moves to 3rd and honestly, no way the Yankees give Pujols 10 years 30 million per.

J_Hamilton_32

Sep 9, 2009
200lbhockeyplayer said:
No, not probable.

Unless Pujols becomes a starting pitcher, the Yankees have no use for him. Anyone projecting "if Pujols goes to the Yankees..." is just looking to stir the pot but not add any substance.

The entire concept of putting Teixeira at 3rd, ARod as DH and Pujols at 1st is grasping at straws. While we're making crazy discussion, they'll probably have to move Jesus Montero to 2B and Robinson Cano behind the plate, right?

its not crazy, Tex did play third 15 games in Texas...Arod moved from shortstop....also cashman has said before that he would look into pujols he hit free agency.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
J_Hamilton_32 said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:
No, not probable.

its not crazy, Tex did play third 15 games in Texas...Arod moved from shortstop....also cashman has said before that he would look into pujols he hit free agency.
So, you don't think it's "crazy" to shift Teixeira over to 3rd because of his vast 15 games of MLB experience at the position when he was 23? I mean you're right I guess, it's easy to assume that a 32 year old (Teixeira's age at Opening Day in 2012) would be able to completely shift corners of the infield when he'll be on the slowdown physically.

As for Cashman saying that he'd look into Albert Pujols, he (like every GM) considers every free agent.

Outside of the question to bait discussion, where did you read this?

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
J_Hamilton_32 said:
[quote="ALL_THE_HYPE":1ppgynpe]The state of Missouri will implode if the Cards don't resign Pujols.

42 hours to go then...[/quote:1ppgynpe]

Nah, they have him for this year...they'll get something done eventually, even if it isn't before the 16th.

J_Hamilton_32

Sep 9, 2009
200lbhockeyplayer said:
J_Hamilton_32 said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:
No, not probable.

So, you don't think it's "crazy" to shift Teixeira over to 3rd because of his vast 15 games of MLB experience at the position when he was 23? I mean you're right I guess, it's easy to assume that a 32 year old (Teixeira's age at Opening Day in 2012) would be able to completely shift corners of the infield when he'll be on the slowdown physically.

As for Cashman saying that he'd look into Albert Pujols, he (like every GM) considers every free agent.

well Tex would only play there for 3-5 years which isn't crazy, or they could also trade Tex...who knows and I have no idea I saw it somewhere as a rumor.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
It's less likely than me selling one of my 18 1999 Bowman Chrome Josh Hamilton Gold Refractors /25.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
J_Hamilton_32 said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:
[quote="J_Hamilton_32":1qqx9hzu]
200lbhockeyplayer said:
No, not probable.

well Tex would only play there for 3-5 years which isn't crazy, or they could also trade Tex...who knows and I have no idea I saw it somewhere as a rumor.[/quote:1qqx9hzu]
No one is gonna take on Tex's contract.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts