Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 Topps Wal-Mart 72 card packs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
If you have a chance to pick these up... do. $9.99 nets you 72 cards, a diamond sparkly card, a redemption for the anniversayr contest, a bunch of inserts, a chance at autos, and a chance at a rare super short print. Picked up two. Pulled this:

:)

votto.jpg

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
quick math shows the jumbo packs have slightly better odds. quick math is also often wrong, but it was what i came up with in store.

Also, the 19.99 blasters are a terrible value unless you really want that patch card.

You get 44 more cards from 4 jumbos or 2 of the cereal boxes than one blaster box.

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
That box isn't actually a 'cereal box,' like the ones they've had in previous years.

It looks more like a gaming box.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
A_Pharis said:
autorook said:
dang the rack pack has 72 cards??

No no. the rack pack has 36. These are supposedly called "cereal boxes". Buying two rack packs actually gives oyu better odds, though.
They look like this and here was my haul of the one and only I will buy.
MiscPhotoFeb9th003.jpg

MiscPhotoFeb9th005.jpg

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
You luck bass-turd!

:^)

I bought one today and liked it. I also compared it to a jumbo pack. I got a Jim Thome Gold, Pujols Walmart Insert, and David DeJesus Diamond, along with the Jeter Diamond Giveaway card.

CraigsCards1

Oct 16, 2010
New York, NY
Jeff N. said:
Just bought another one for my son.

Pulled the 2nd, in 3 packs..

of this

Scan10142.jpg

Whoa crazy. I know it's a small sample size but I wonder if these are seeded at better odds in retail than hobby. Certainly wouldn't be the first time for Topps.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
CraigsCards1 said:
Jeff N. said:

of this

Scan10142.jpg

Whoa crazy. I know it's a small sample size but I wonder if these are seeded at better odds in retail than hobby. Certainly wouldn't be the first time for Topps.
Jeff where are these landing in packs?Is it the card before the inserts?
Mike

ArtVandelay

Jul 6, 2010
Jastermereel said:
Do Walmart black borders come in these also?

No those are in blasters only.

But you get a blue diamond parallel card in these - exclusive to Walmart. The red diamond parallels are exclusive to target packs (not blasters or jumbo packs in my experience).

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
hofmichael said:
CraigsCards1 said:
Jeff N. said:

of this

Scan10142.jpg

Jeff where are these landing in packs?Is it the card before the inserts?
Mike

Yeah. I told my son as he looked through the cards that, when he got to the inserts, look for a regular card with a special sparkly light on it -- not the diamond, but a special sparkle. He shouted out that he had it, and it was Joey Votto!

Only 10-15 have hit ebay, and we pulled 2... who woulda thought it.

Members online

Latest posts