Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Nearing Completion of Yankee autograph quest, help needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matsuicollector

Aug 7, 2008
Well, my goal to get one certified auto of every yankee player to have a certified auto in yankee uni/yankee affiliate (e.g. Bob sheppard, Brian Cashman, Michael Kay) is nearly complete (does not include Cut autos). I also have the majority, if not all of the players to also have a yankee minor league auto, at least from 2008 and prior. To my knowledge I'm only missing 8 players, 4 vets/retired and 4 prospects that came out in the last 2-3 years. Since there aren't as many new Vets being produced, I'm making that my first priority. I was wondering if I could get help with making sure I haven't missed any of the Vets, especially from recollection or buyback sets that contain the players' only yankee uni auto. Below is the list of such players that I know about and I was just wondering if anyone could tell me any more that I may be missing. I know there were/are a few recollection collectors out there that may have seen some I have missed. Also, If you know of another obscure yankee player auto that I've missed (like those in the second list), please let me know as well. I have the entire 2003 yankee sig series set, minus goodman and alexander, so I already have all the players with only 1 auto that appeared in that set. Thanks!

Recollection/buyback types
Jay Buhner (Still need this one)
J.T. Snow
Jesse Barfield
Lee Smith
John Candelaria
Bert Camperneris

Others with only 1 or 2 autos in Yankee uni
John Elway
Aaron Boone
Tom Gordon
Esteban Loaiza
Jon Lieber
Craig Wilson
Kenny Lofton
Tony Womack
Miguel Cairo
David Justice
Cecil Fielder
Robin Ventura
Steve Kraly
Rickey Ledee

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
You have a certified copy of the sheppard? You mean the one where there are only 10? Can I see a scan please!!!!

Matsuicollector

Aug 7, 2008
nyc3 said:
You have a certified copy of the sheppard? You mean the one where there are only 10? Can I see a scan please!!!!

Yup, here it is. I believe it's in my top 10 most expensive cards, maybe top 5. Cost me more than each one my 5 dimaggio autos :lol: ::facepalm::

sheppardfanfavoritessp10.jpg

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Matsuicollector said:
nyc3 said:

Yup, here it is. I believe it's in my top 10 most expensive cards, maybe top 5. Cost me more than each one my 5 dimaggio autos :lol: ::facepalm::

Uncanny resemblance to Fire Marshall Bill...
fire-marshall-bill.jpg

and I'm aware, I'm going to hell...

Matsuicollector

Aug 7, 2008
And just for fun, here's another rare one. One of only 2 elway autos in yankee minor league uni. The other is from the same ATFF set as the sheppard i think, which I believe ran $250-$300. Mine was about $165 and it's the only one I've ever seen.

elwayjustauto100.jpg

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Matsuicollector said:
nyc3 said:

wowzers :shock:

Are you saying you paid over 500? that sounds about right, I had a chance like 3 years ago to get one CHEAP and like a jerk I passed since I had an 8x10 signed by him :lol:

Matsuicollector

Aug 7, 2008
nyc3 said:
Matsuicollector said:
nyc3 said:

wowzers :shock:

Are you saying you paid over 500? that sounds about right, I had a chance like 3 years ago to get one CHEAP and like a jerk I passed since I had an 8x10 signed by him :lol:

Not all the dimaggio's together, lol. I bought all 5 in a lot for around $130 per, complete with the 5 tins and base sets. The Sheppard cost me somewhere in the mid $200's I believe.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Matsuicollector said:
Not all the dimaggio's together, lol. I bought all 5 in a lot for around $130 per, complete with the 5 tins and base sets. The Sheppard cost me somewhere in the mid $200's I believe.

Wow no bad at all. You get 2 set collectors in a bidding war and I feel it would go for much more than that.

djrulz

Aug 7, 2008
Jamestown
As far as I know, Miguel Cairo only has 2 Auto cards that picture him as a Yankee.

2004 UD Diamond Pro Sigs:
The base (Black Ink) is un-numbered, the Blue Ink is #ed /25, and there is a Red Ink #ed /10:
img334.jpg
img335.jpg

2007 Topps Update 2007 Highlights Autographs
img111.jpg

Matsuicollector

Aug 7, 2008
I don't believe I've seen the highlights before but I do have the regular pro-sigs! I bet the blue ink was a tough find.

Matsuicollector

Aug 7, 2008
clarkfan said:
How about the Billy Crystal 1952 Topps Reprint autograph. It's pretty tough to find.

First of all, I didn't even know this existed. Secondly, it's still going to be put in my "undecided" category, with the celebrities that really have nothing to do with the actual yankee organization (e.g Alexander & Goodman from yankee sig series & Fans of the Game autos). I guess Crystal could be separate since he "played" a game for the yankee but I'm still not entirely sold.

Members online

Latest posts