Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

WARNING: New Way for Ebayer Sellers/Buyers to Leave NEGATIVE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
I just wanted to let anyhow who doesn't know already of a new trick sellers/buyers are using to leave negative feedback. I recently purchased a card from a seller and they sent it in a flimsy envelope in a poly sleeve inside of a team bag. There was no protective top loader. After no response by the seller, I had to leave negative feedback. Then I finally am contacted by the seller after he now goes and purchases a cheap card from me and says this better be perfect. Now he will be able to leave negative feedback for me regardless. I will be videotaping the packaging and sealing of this. What do you guys think?

jpruitt2

Aug 11, 2008
Searcy, Arkansas
securedsports said:
I just wanted to let anyhow who doesn't know already of a new trick sellers/buyers are using to leave negative feedback. I recently purchased a card from a seller and they sent it in a flimsy envelope in a poly sleeve inside of a team bag. There was no protective top loader. After no response by the seller, I had to leave negative feedback. Then I finally am contacted by the seller after he now goes and purchases a cheap card from me and says this better be perfect. Now he will be able to leave negative feedback for me regardless. I will be videotaping the packaging and sealing of this. What do you guys think?

Contact ebay and say the card was lost. Give refund. Then block user from ever bidding on your auctions.

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
It is new to me and it was so stinking fast that by the time I left feedback he went and bought a card really quick. All is resolved now. But yeah what a waste of time, doesn't even pay to leave negative to someone.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
securedsports said:

How badly was the card damaged?

braden

Aug 7, 2008
I've stopped worrying about negatives. Though I've yet to receive one since the changes took place, I figure it'll simply happen at some point and really, it's not a big deal.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
securedsports said:

This happened to me.

Conveniently, the buyer left me negative feedback a day after he "bought" the item, so I was able to 1) keep his money and ship out his item; 2) have the FB removed; 3) Get him suspended from eBay. That was cool, seeing the (NARU) next to his name.

I would contact eBay immediately. They may not do anything now, but they can flag your acct for the inevitable neg feedback and may remove same as an unwelcome bidder (that's their term).

bigpapiMA32

Aug 7, 2008
Monterey, CA
I just block idiots like that in a flash.

Also, was the card damaged? Personally I wouldn't have left a neg just for bad packaging, maybe a neutral.

alifaxwa2

Dec 24, 2008
Jefferson, MD
What you need is separate accounts; one for buying and one for selling. With names that dont give it away. i.e. not securedsports1 and securedsports2

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
Yes card was damaged, edges and all four corners were worn and white. So basically only 398 of these left as this one isn't even worth saving, maybe UD can buy it for a cut when he passes away in 50 years.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
securedsports said:
Yes card was damaged, edges and all four corners were worn and white. So basically only 398 of these left as this one isn't even worth saving, maybe UD can buy it for a cut when he passes away in 50 years.

Just to clarifiy:

He sent the card in a card-saver not a top loader and the card was damaged on the edges and four corners?

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
Why did you negative him??? Was the card you bought damaged and the seller refused to refund the $$?

You make no mention of the card being damaged at all, why would you neg the guy in the first place??

I have had exactly 0 Negs in last 12 years, and have given out exactly 0 Negs too. And many of those years a buyer could get negs... I have blocked 0 bidders too. I dont collect new stuff, and that may have something to do with it...

Negs should be reserved for scammers IMO
....or maybe for retaliation on the triggerhappy :)

Edited: I see now you say the card was damaged on edges and corners even though it was in a penny sleeve?? ......... So I guess the seller refused to refund you???

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.
bradical said:
If I have to leave a negative to a seller, I am adding them to my block bidder list for this exact reason.

They used to automatically ask you if you wanted the person blocked.

Not sure if they still do.

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
EricInCT said:
securedsports said:

Just to clarifiy:

He sent the card in a card-saver not a top loader and the card was damaged on the edges and four corners?

Just to clarify: I received the card in a larger bubble mailer in a poly sleeve and in a team bag. No card saver or top loader was used.

Members online