Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

~~~SLOW USPS Shipping, does it hurt Ebay DSR?~~~

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Before I ask this I kinda know the answer, yes slow shipping hurts the DSR. Sucks since people seem to take this out on the seller and not USPS even when the tracking numbers shows the status.

I want to share my case. I won a card 31 Jan, seller shipped the card 1 Feb, that post office transfers the mail to the next postal station on 1 Feb. The seller and these postal offices are about a 2 hour drive from me. Every time mail travels through this postal station to me it is delay 7-10 days; today is day 14. I called USPS to file a complaint since this is getting out of control. btw, on 2 Feb I won a card from a seller in Japan, it arrived on the 11th.

mail.jpg

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
my cards arrive in 3 days or less in the US both sent and bought. I never have any problems with time so I couldn't tell ya.

rainmanesq

Aug 31, 2008
as a buyer, i look @ usps. so many sellers print shipping labels but don't ship until a week later. if that's the case, i'm ticked (esp. if they've not told me of the delay) + may ding their dsrs (though i RARELY leave fb as a buyer, so it's unlikely). now, if in your case, the seller shipped quickly + there's some hangup b/c of usps, i'm NOT going to ding the seller b/c it's beyond his control.

as a buyer, i've been dinged on dsrs b/c people haven't paid for 'expedited' s/h + expect the item to arrive in 1-2 days, even during christmas/a major storm.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Sure, of course its likely to hurt the DSR. Although getting it there is the responsibility of the seller, eBay should (ideally here) be able to automatically read the tracking info with D/C#s and adjust this DSR automatically so buyers won't be able to do it... like ebay does with free shipping.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
sportscardtheory said:
Simply selling on eBay hurts your DSRs. It's a crap-shoot.

Yes this makes me think how much the hobby *in general* is a crap-shoot for many people...

Its just so much better to not get too serious about things in what's supposed to be a fun hobby...its easier and a lot less frustrating to relax and not expect too much ;)

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
I'm sure it does. I doubt people that clip the DSR's are going to take a lot of time investigating why it took so long to be delivered.

That;s why I kind of dug that feedback system Ebay was testing a while back......in terms of delivery there was simply a date and it was "did you receive by this date - yes or no."
It takes all the subjectivity out of it.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
sorry to hear about that, george, but honestly, by looking at the track info, the post office has/had it misplaced...

check this one out that i sent:

Delivered, Feb-09-11, 07:43 AM, BROWNSTOWN, PA, 17508
Arrival at Post Office, Feb-09-11, 07:42 AM, BROWNSTOWN, PA, 17508
Processed through Sort Facility, Feb-09-11, 06:11 AM, LANCASTER, PA, 17604
Processed through Sort Facility, Feb-08-11, 16:21 PM, HARRISBURG, PA, 17107
Processed through Sort Facility, Feb-07-11, 17:20 PM, BROOKLYN, NY, 11256
Processed through Sort Facility, Feb-05-11, 23:33 PM, BROOKLYN, NY, 11256
Processed through Sort Facility, Jan-20-11, 22:19 PM, BROOKLYN, NY, 11256
Electronic Shipping Info Received, Jan-19-11, 00:00 AM

buyer was asking here and there and i've never lost a package before....told him that it should arrive safe as soon as usps decides to find it. lol! as you can see, post office scanned it on the 20th, then 15 days later, decided to go ahead and hurry the package. lol!

i've explained to the buyer about this and had since apologized but i didnt get any feedback from the buyer... :?

honestly, it would suck if the buyer decided to dink my dsr's even though i did all i could...

personally, like others, i ALWAYS look at the "processed through...date", not the "electronic shipping info... date" btw

im sure it will arrive once the package is found somewhere lying around the sorting office...

dave

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
uniquebaseballcards said:
sportscardtheory said:
Simply selling on eBay hurts your DSRs. It's a crap-shoot.

Yes this makes me think how much the hobby *in general* is a crap-shoot for many people...

Its just so much better to not get too serious about things in what's supposed to be a fun hobby...its easier and a lot less frustrating to relax and not expect too much ;)

The bad part is that eBay uses DSRs to off eBay sellers, so it's a huge deal now, which sucks. Constantly worrying takes the fun out of selling when you do everything right and can still be screwed.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
sportscardtheory said:
The bad part is that eBay uses DSRs to off eBay sellers, so it's a huge deal now, which sucks. Constantly worrying takes the fun out of selling when you do everything right and can still be screwed.

IMO if you have to or want to sell, its just easier to consign and forget about it.

Members online