Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Looking for donations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
Yesterday, I was talking to one of the directors of the youth baseball league in Cartagena Colombia. He was telling me how they dont have much money and are in desperate need of equipment. Bats, balls, gloves cleats, anything. I told him I could see what I could do. I have a lot of used equipment from over the years. I am trying to collect as much stuff as possible to bring down there the next time I go there. If any of you have anything that you wish to donate it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
He told me that they especially need balls. They dont have to be new.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
Cobra29svt said:
chromerookies said:
elmalo said:
He told me that they especially need balls. They dont have to be new.

mine are 29 years old but I can let you borrow them if you want

I think they're playing baseball, not ping-pong.
hahahaha. They dont need bb's for target practice!

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
emarc27 said:
i have a couple of bats that I can donate if shipping isn't too much. where would they have to be shipped to
Thank you for you response and your offer. The problem is that shipping to Colombia is rediculous. What I am planning to do is fill up a couple of hockey bags with as much stuff as I can and bring the stuff down there in the summer. The man I talked to lives in Cartagena, which is about an hour from Barranquilla, where my wife lives. He is going to come and pick the stuff up. I will have to look into how much it costs to ship bats. I thank you for your generous offer and I will get back to you when I have more info.
Thank you.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
Yankees1218 said:
I dont have the $$$ for postage, but have a crapload of OMLB baseballs i could donate...
How many do you have? I will see how much the shipping is and see if I have the money. The problem is that I dont really have a whole lot of spare cash and Im do not work for a charity. But I have seen first hand what these kids have to work with and I want to help them out if I can. Thank you for the offer!
Being that your name is Yankees1218, would you happen to be in the Tri State area?

Yankees1218

Jan 1, 2010
I do live in the tri-state.
The amount of baseballs.... At least in the teens, probably 20-30+... I could try and pack as many as i could into a flat rate box to get them to you, but i am in the same situation with spare cash....

Members online

Latest posts