Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Contenders SP Prediction Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Post in this thread if you have an SP prediction - it can be either a variation or just a true short print.

I will start - I'm suspicious about Mike Williams, why you ask?

Because he is a redemption and this is the only one on eBay: [phil:qo5u52jj]170604111628[/phil:qo5u52jj]

Who else ya got?

jamuser304

Apr 24, 2009
I think its FAR too early to tell on Mike Williams. He is a popular rookie, and because its a redemption, some probably already redeemed the card. I would wait a couple days to make a judgement, but I would redeem it myself if I pulled one.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
In the past the redemptions have been the short prints, so it is fair to say that any redemption will be short, I guess
the real question is, will short mean 50 this year or something like last year 10? One thing is clear and that is
the best players are NOT short.

Kevin

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
schmidtfan20 said:
In the past the redemptions have been the short prints, so it is fair to say that any redemption will be short, I guess
the real question is, will short mean 50 this year or something like last year 10? One thing is clear and that is

Kevin

Except maybe Mathews? This one: [phil:1t8qkhl8]270707199384[/phil:1t8qkhl8] - is still the only one on eBay and even then as you pointed out, the name is spelled wrong.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
schmidtfan20 said:
JoshHamilton said:
cgilmo said:
John Dwyer is also a redemption

And was also crazy SP'd in the Donruss box set

Not sure if that's a precedent though

This is great info, is there a list of print runs in this set?

Kevin

I saw it on the Blowout board a few weeks ago. I'll look for it later

The Rated Rookies set isn't like Contenders. In RR, the short prints are the popular (and valuable) rookies. But still, the PR for short prints is between 25-500. The Dwyer has a print run of 8. He was also a redemption in RR

I have a feeling Panini ran out of Dwyer stickers or something

jamuser304

Apr 24, 2009
schmidtfan20 said:

Kevin

Not necessarily. Craig Steltz was a redemption and not a short print. Lesean McCoy was a redemption and not a short print. The list goes on. Either way, the lowest on card short print from 2009 was limited to 278. I can't see anyone from the premiere this year having less than 200 unless they dont sign.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
jamuser304 said:
schmidtfan20 said:

Kevin

Not necessarily. Craig Steltz was a redemption and not a short print. Lesean McCoy was a redemption and not a short print. The list goes on. Either way, the lowest on card short print from 2009 was limited to 278. I can't see anyone from the premiere this year having less than 200 unless they dont sign.

I was mostly talking about all the cards, stickers included, actually I think there is only one on card redemption
and that is dwyer.

Kevin

seahawks4ever

Apr 24, 2009
Washington State
Just looking at Seahawks here:

Earl Thomas- Not a SP
Anthony McCoy- Only has one on ebay
Golden Tate- Has four on ebay right now
Russell Okung- Probably an SP IF he has a card. No autos on ebay but he does have a couple of insert cards.

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
JoshHamilton said:
schmidtfan20 said:
JoshHamilton said:
cgilmo said:
John Dwyer is also a redemption

And was also crazy SP'd in the Donruss box set

Not sure if that's a precedent though

This is great info, is there a list of print runs in this set?

Kevin

I saw it on the Blowout board a few weeks ago. I'll look for it later

The Rated Rookies set isn't like Contenders. In RR, the short prints are the popular (and valuable) rookies. But still, the PR for short prints is between 25-500. The Dwyer has a print run of 8. He was also a redemption in RR

I have a feeling Panini ran out of Dwyer stickers or something

Is that why a guy has an Antonio Brown RR for like 125 or BO... Are the rr's sp'ed too

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Gellman said:
Just pulled Jacoby Ford, hope he is a SP.

Two on ebay right now:

Here: [phil:m6zl1qoa]320658431784[/phil:m6zl1qoa] and here: [phil:m6zl1qoa]120685751428[/phil:m6zl1qoa]

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
I honestly don't understand why anyone would run an auction on a card that might be a huge SP and wind up
booking 300 dollars plus. I can see selling top notch players who appear not to be short prints, but why take
the chance of a card selling for 15 bucks, when its announced later on that it is short and set builders will be
falling all over themselves trying to buy it? A pack of contenders is like 7-8 bucks per, why sell any card for
less than the price of a few packs? It just doesn't make sense to me.

Kevin

tide12champrings

Aug 8, 2008
Gulf Shores
A Ryan Matthews was pulled in the shop today. I'm not sure if the guy is gonna list it. I opened one box and hit Dez Bryant and mariani autos. One of my other autos is Lonyae Miller, I didn't see anything of him listed either.

Members online