Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

OT- Well, it finally happened to me..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dodgerchromie

Aug 7, 2008
California
Today I get this returned to me in the mail with no card in it..

sc000027fd.jpg

sc0000d8b6.jpg

This thing is just completely destroyed! It looks like a viscous dog got a hold of it or something.

Obviously it was a low end card, I have a refund and an apology to give out.

DAMN YOU POST OFFICE! :evil:

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
Why would you even attempt to send in a PWE......and I see that it cost .84 cents....bubble mailer with one card in it should be about .62......

That doesnt make much sense.

TK

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
pujolsthomefan33 said:
Why would you even attempt to send in a PWE......and I see that it cost .84 cents....bubble mailer with one card in it should be about .62......

TK

Wow I wish I lived on your planet, or in your country, or whatever...

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Yah, seriously. It really cracks me up when people state they can still mail their bubble mailers for .62.

The minimum price is $1.17! If you are mailing your bubble mailers for .62, you are making your customers pay .55 when they get the package from you.

RL24 said:
pujolsthomefan33 said:

TK

dodgerchromie

Aug 7, 2008
California
RL24 said:
pujolsthomefan33 said:

TK

:lol: Thank you!

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
markakis8 said:
Yah, seriously. It really cracks me up when people state they can still mail their bubble mailers for .62.

The minimum price is $1.17! If you are mailing your bubble mailers for .62, you are making your customers pay .55 when they get the package from you.

RL24 said:
pujolsthomefan33 said:

TK

100% FALSE---it depends on what the thickness of the bubble mailers you are using are. I send out Hundreds of bubble mailers a month at .62 cents each with a meter sticker from a postage employee and have had ZERO come back or get charged incorrect postage.

You guys need to be aware that the bubble mailers bought at wally world etc., are almost double the thickness of bubble mailers that can be bought in bulk from E-Supply outlets that design bubble mailers specifically for curtailing shipping costs.

Maybe research some other brands before you try and call me out on my statements.

TK

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
pujolsthomefan33 said:
markakis8 said:

RL24 said:
pujolsthomefan33 said:

TK

100% FALSE---it depends on what the thickness of the bubble mailers you are using are. I send out Hundreds of bubble mailers a month at .62 cents each with a meter sticker from a postage employee and have had ZERO come back or get charged incorrect postage.

You guys need to be aware that the bubble mailers bought at wally world etc., are almost double the thickness of bubble mailers that can be bought in bulk from E-Supply outlets that design bubble mailers specifically for curtailing shipping costs.

Maybe research some other brands before you try and call me out on my statements.

TK

I agree. I send out a bunch of bubble mailers that are small at that price. Never got one returned to me, and I never got one complaint.

dodgerchromie

Aug 7, 2008
California
Pete14Rose said:
That's what you get for using a PWE. By now, most everyone should know better.
It's my fault that the post office wrongly handled my package? I know it is a risk and a possibility that it will get damaged, but, "That's what you get for using a PWE."

Statements like that really baffle me..

Pete14Rose

Aug 13, 2008
Virginia
dodgerchromie said:
Pete14Rose said:
It's my fault that the post office wrongly handled my package? I know it is a risk and a possibility that it will get damaged, but, "That's what you get for using a PWE."

Yes, my opinion is that it is your fault. I am sure you are well aware of the horror stories that occur when using PWE's. You tried to beat the odds and failed. Anyone knows what will happen more times than not when using a PWE. Why even try? It's just not worth it, even for a low end deal. Making sure the item is packaged securely and safely is the sellers responsibility. A PWE is not safe and certainly not secure.

It's great to see that you take responsibility in offering a refund. Not saying you wouldn't have, you have a good rep. That's not the issue. The issue is we ALL know what will happen with a PWE. Using one is just asking for damage and loss.

No way around it.

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
dodgerchromie said:
Pete14Rose said:

I respect you as a board member and we have done deals and never had issues, but what baffles me is how, after all the countless posts about PWE, and knowing that the envelope the way you sent it has to go through countless machines, would you even consdier sending a card that way....Even a 88 Topps Common-----bottom line, it is your fault because the post office has seperate charges for NON-MACHINEABLE items such as a PWE with a baseball card in a toploader.....which is even less than what it would cost to put 2 stamps on it.....

I think the correct message here is that you are sorry and it happened to you because you got lazy and didnt want to go to a post office and pay for a .58 cent stamp and have it stamped as Non-Machineable and hand canceled on the spot.....

JUST SO EVERYONE KNOWS---
1) In the right bubble mailer shipping 1 card is in fact .62 cents....will gladly let everyone in on where I buy my bubble mailers from.

2) If you must use a PWE for some reason, at least go and get it hand canceled and marked non-machineable for .58 cents so it doesnt go through the machines.......

TK

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
pujolsthomefan33 said:
JUST SO EVERYONE KNOWS---
1) In the right bubble mailer shipping 1 card is in fact .62 cents....will gladly let everyone in on where I buy my bubble mailers from.

TK

Could you share please? Thank you!

Members online