Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How many 9.5 Montero Chromes are there...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
jbhofmann said:
They were redemptions but 128 out of over 1000 is not that high of a percentage.

198 / 1000, but i can guarantee that those 1,000 are all NOT different cards. Many of those have been submitted 2-3 times which messes up the numbers.

skrip

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
ballerskrip said:
jbhofmann said:
They were redemptions but 198 out of over 1000 is not that high of a percentage.

198 / 1000, but i can guarantee that those 1,000 are all NOT different cards. Many of those have been submitted 2-3 times which messes up the numbers.

skrip

My thousand figure was referring to the print run of the card, not how many have been graded.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
jbhofmann said:
ballerskrip said:
jbhofmann said:
They were redemptions but 198 out of over 1000 is not that high of a percentage.

skrip

My thousand figure was referring to the print run of the card, not how many have been graded.

My fault, for some reason I couldn't get the pop report to come up. Poor assumption on my part.

ArtVandelay

Jul 6, 2010
You are talking about base autos right - not base card (BDPP86)?

Either way, take Chisenhalls or Stantons cards from that set. Most ref verstions are pretty OC. Kuddos to Topps for getting it right on a good percentage of the print run for Montero's cards. Most Stanton golds (mine included) are like 75/25. Really sours it when you pull a rare card and then get pissed and say "you know there's only 50 of these, couldnt they have at least taken their time cutting them properly!"

Now if BGS is handing out 9.5's on cards that dont deserve them thats a different story.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
George_Calfas said:
jbhofmann said:

how is ~20% not a "that high of a percentage"?

+1

Very hard to find a card that has 20% of the print run graded at all let alone gems.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
EricInCT said:
George_Calfas said:
jbhofmann said:

+1

Very hard to find a card that has 20% of the print run graded at all let alone gems.

As I said...1500-2000 is a better number for total PR.

Thus you'd have 10-15% that were gems.

Because Montero has been hot for long periods of time, TONS of these cards have been graded - it is THE card that I've seen most frequently in the BGS Group Sub on the boards here, hands down.

I'd say if you graded each and every BDCP card that came out every year, you'd have about 15%-25% of the total PR that would gem out.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
masonphillip said:
EricInCT said:
George_Calfas said:
jbhofmann said:

+1

As I said...1500-2000 is a better number for total PR.

Thus you'd have 10-15% that were gems.

Because Montero has been hot for long periods of time, TONS of these cards have been graded - it is THE card that I've seen most frequently in the BGS Group Sub on the boards here, hands down.

I'd say if you graded each and every BDCP card that came out every year, you'd have about 15%-25% of the total PR that would gem out.

This makes sense. I stated a conservative 1000 due to the redemption process, but I still think that redemptions are handled better than packed out cards creating a slight increase in gems.

How good were the Strasburg Chrome Autos that came via redemption?

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
ArtVandelay said:
You are talking about base autos right - not base card (BDPP86)?

Either way, take Chisenhalls or Stantons cards from that set. Most ref verstions are pretty OC. Kuddos to Topps for getting it right on a good percentage of the print run for Montero's cards. Most Stanton golds (mine included) are like 75/25. Really sours it when you pull a rare card and then get pissed and say "you know there's only 50 of these, couldnt they have at least taken their time cutting them properly!"

Now if BGS is handing out 9.5's on cards that dont deserve them thats a different story.

Excellent point. Chisenhall was demolished in this product. I have owned probably 50 of his autos from this set and 5-6 are well centered....

skrip

Latest posts