Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My newest High End Cut Auto...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gomatt

Oct 1, 2008
Played from August 3rd of 1920 to August 9th of 1920, making two pinch-hitting appearances for the Senators and did not play in the field, so his position is not known. He owns a lifetime .000 Batting Average for his six day career.

BOWMAN.jpg

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
js0000001 said:
The fact that made eleven makes me wonder how TTM request the guy fielded in his life?

Actually, these guys with 1 at bat to a 1 year career are pretty popular via TTM. I have a few myself, and will probably get more.

EDIT: Not Elmer's sig, other peoples

sdsportsfan1214

Aug 14, 2008
San Diego
TBTwinsFan said:
js0000001 said:
The fact that made eleven makes me wonder how TTM request the guy fielded in his life?

Actually, these guys with 1 at bat to a 1 year career are pretty popular via TTM. I have a few myself, and will probably get more.

seems like a waste of stamps and time to write a letter for guys like that

gomatt

Oct 1, 2008
sdsportsfan1214 said:
TBTwinsFan said:
js0000001 said:

Yeah, I don't know why I was drawn to this card. It was cheap. But behind every person and every player, there is a story. I'm curious to learn about this guy.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
sdsportsfan1214 said:
TBTwinsFan said:
js0000001 said:

It actually isn't.

I know of one guy on SCF, and myself who send them questionaires.

They are a very cool way to learn about their take on the game, because it is so different from anyone else, because it's more genuine because they only had so little.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
TBTwinsFan said:
sdsportsfan1214 said:
TBTwinsFan said:
js0000001 said:

It actually isn't.

They are a very cool way to learn about their take on the game, because it is so different from anyone else, because it's more genuine because they only had so little.

Each one of them has a story and that story is well worth the time and effort to go through it. (Besides for the fact that every person has a story) these guys made their way up through the Minors, played against guys who went on to be famous, worked extremely hard (generally) and lived a life we'll never know.

Awesome IMHO.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Topnotchsy said:
TBTwinsFan said:
sdsportsfan1214 said:
TBTwinsFan said:
js0000001 said:

It actually isn't.

Plus, their sigs look nice.
Each one of them has a story and that story is well worth the time and effort to go through it. (Besides for the fact that every person has a story) these guys made their way up through the Minors, played against guys who went on to be famous, worked extremely hard (generally) and lived a life we'll never know.

Awesome IMHO.

mikefrank

Jan 27, 2011
Cool! I like these guys also, but I'm partial to ex-Tigers. I'm also interested in the guys who weren't one hit wonders, but are forgotten by almost everyone. Guys like Virgil Trucks, Ned Garver, Frank Lary...they were stars in their day, but since they aren't in the HOF they're unknown to most fans.

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
gomatt said:
Played from August 3rd of 1920 to August 9th of 1920, making two pinch-hitting appearances for the Senators and did not play in the field, so his position is not known. He owns a lifetime .000 Batting Average for his six day career.

BOWMAN.jpg

Nice auto!
His story reminds me of Archibald "Moonlight" Graham from the movie Field of Dreams. :D

Members online

Latest posts