Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Best pull out of retail pack?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
For the record, I'm usually not one for buying retail... although I have on occasion in the past. I've been somewhat lucky though.

I bought one pack of series one Topps back in 2009 and pulled a Lou Gehrig short print. Didn't buy any Topps after that pack from that year. Also bought a blaster box of Ultra in 2007 and pulled an Alex Gordon L13 auto, which was great at the time. Ike Davis elite auto /99 out of a blaster as well. Even with football back in 2008 bought a blaster of Topps Chrome and pulled a Desean Jackson auto.

For the most part, I have bought Topps Chrome in blaster form because they used to put hobby packs in them and autos weren't that hard to come by in them. I know that Platinum was pretty generous with the autos this year.

Just wondering if any of you guys hit the "jackpot" so to speak out of retail at any point.

jamuser304

Apr 24, 2009
Mine were unfortunately redemptions, but still amazing none-the-less.

2001 Quantum Leaf All-Millenium Joe Montana Auto
2001 Topps Reserve Peyton Manning Auto Mini Helmet

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
Once pulled a Rafael Palmeiro UD Piece of History that was signed and serial numbered. Sold it for $500
a few days later.

From football I got a redemption for a Peyton Manning matted picture and signed football piece from UDA.

Those are the two that stand out most.

Shi Guy

Jul 23, 2010
Seattle, Wa
I've never pulled anything too impressive out of a retail pack. My best retail hit was a Aaron Curry patch/auto out of 09 Platinum.

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
Pulled a Clayton Kershaw Real One auto out of Topps Heritage in 2009, from a pack that had been searched by someone else who had torn a small hole in the top of the pack.

justinf

Feb 13, 2011
So far my best has been:
Armanti Edwards red refractor jersey/auto #9/10 from 2010 Platinum.

and I also got a jersey/football/jersey card of some guy from the Texans out of 2010 absolute memorabilia. Forgot his name >_<

Latest posts