Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1st ebay issue...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bassprokvd

May 10, 2009
TITLETOWN, Wisconsin
what can you do if a ebay buyer says that the top flap of the bubble mailer was opened and no card was inside upon receiving.
Mind you this guy also wanted reduced shipping, (which i did)
started emailing me two days after the auction, wondering where his card was.

Its only a $20 hosmer usa auto, but i really feel this guy is full of shat.
Am I just screwed here, or?

thanks for any suggestions.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
jlecates said:
Was it insured?
You insure $20 cards?

To the OP. As long as you have DC saying item was received, you are covered.
If the buyer has an issue with the PO, he needs to file the claim with them.

Any chance the bubble mailer went through Jamaica, NY?

jlecates

Dec 4, 2008
Russ S. said:
jlecates said:
Was it insured?
You insure $20 cards?

To the OP. As long as you have DC saying item was received, you are covered.
If the buyer has an issue with the PO, he needs to file the claim with them.

Any chance the bubble mailer went through Jamaica, NY?
No, I don't. I'm just asking, because if so, then case-closed. Just getting the particulars.

Unfortunately, if the buyer is out to scam than he can still file a claim that the item is not as described.

autorook

Jan 30, 2011
California
Let me warn you, Ebay will not honor your explanation of "take your problem to the PO". If the buyer opens a case 99/100 times Ebay will take the Buyers word and refund them.

I know, its happened to me once and I am fed up with Ebay.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
well, if he first claimed that the top was open and no card was present, and now is claiming it's not as described then his story already has inconsistencies. Ask him to provide a scan so you can see what he's talking about.

however, at the end of the day you're probably just as well to refund the dude and eat the loss of the card. Oh, and add him to your BBL.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
TNP777 said:
well, if he first claimed that the top was open and no card was present, and now is claiming it's not as described then his story already has inconsistencies. Ask him to provide a scan so you can see what he's talking about.

however, at the end of the day you're probably just as well to refund the dude and eat the loss of the card. Oh, and add him to your BBL.

Is this because he claimed "Item not described"?

So if someone receives a mailer that has been torn open, do you just throw him under the bus?

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
tonsofcommons said:
TNP777 said:

Is this because he claimed "Item not described"?

So if someone receives a mailer that has been torn open, do you just throw him under the bus?
no, not at all - sorry if that came across wrong. I suggest that based on the apparent inconsistency in his story: open package & missing card vs. item not as described - that suggests to me that the card was actually there and he *may* be trying to pull a fast one. Throw in the fact that after the buyer won the card knowing the shipping terms, he still asked for a better shipping price. I know the shipping subject has been beaten to death, and all buyers should always factor shipping into the final price - if you don't like the shipping price then don't bid, or at least contact the seller prior to bidding, not after winning. And then to top it off, two days after paying, the buyer is already badgering the OP about where his card is. With all of these issues grouped together, this buyer seems to be more trouble than he's worth. Now, if the card was indeed stolen before it reached its destination, that's unfortunate for both parties, especially the seller.

reljac

Apr 12, 2010
Pearland, Tx
there we go, was looking for something on him. He just changed his Ebay ID on Feb7th. I thought it was odd that he changed it to something other than the ID he used on all the card forums. He was under blowout and SCF and a few others as steaknchop7. Also used steaknchop7 as his photobucket id.

Not saying it's any proof of wrongdoing, but he will be added to my blocklist as I don't like to take chances.

Members online