Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Awesome Pujols auto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

billsanders007

Jan 20, 2011
I own several Pujols Topps autos, along with 1 UD auto...and it scares me personally to say this BUT...that looks like a well crafted fake. I KNOW that it is on a topps certified sticker AND there is a traditional square sticker on the back.

But 2 things scare me to death:

1. That thing is ugly...I mean coyote ugly...I mean taking a girl home at 4 am from a dive bar ugly.

and the most important

2. The last name looks all wrong...I mean seriously, just look at some of his other sticker autos, it isn't remotely similar. There even appears to be some extra letters in the last name, even a dotting of an I or something.

That thing scares me because it should be legit...but that product is filled with low numbered cards. That is a sweetheart price for a Pujols auto as well, bordering on too good of a deal for a certified auto...IMHO.

Not trying to bash the seller....a fellow boardmate brought it to our attention for discussion and just giving a free opinion that is good as the next guys.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
billsanders007 said:
I own several Pujols Topps autos, along with 1 UD auto...and it scares me personally to say this BUT...that looks like a well crafted fake. I KNOW that it is on a topps certified sticker AND there is a traditional square sticker on the back.

But 2 things scare me to death:

1. That thing is ugly...I mean coyote ugly...I mean taking a girl home at 4 am from a dive bar ugly.

and the most important

2. The last name looks all wrong...I mean seriously, just look at some of his other sticker autos, it isn't remotely similar. There even appears to be some extra letters in the last name, even a dotting of an I or something.

That thing scares me because it should be legit...but that product is filled with low numbered cards. That is a sweetheart price for a Pujols auto as well, bordering on too good of a deal for a certified auto...IMHO.

Not trying to bash the seller....a fellow boardmate brought it to our attention for discussion and just giving a free opinion that is good as the next guys.
But, if you look in the s you will see he wrote the #5. "Do a search on auctions and there are just a handful of these out there" They must be rare!

billsanders007

Jan 20, 2011
It's a little early to be reading sarcasm (if there was sarcasm, which I think there was, in the OP then it was veiled enough that I tread lightly) but I know you're being funny!

That thing is bad...I mean the faker added extra letters to the his name...HOW FUNNY IS THAT!

FAIL

EPIC FAIL

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
Well I am pretty sure that everyone who says its real is joking but heres why its no good in my opinion.
1. I think the slant of the A is to the right which is not common on stickers or IP autographs
2. Alberts' last name is spelled Pujols not Puuujols
3. There appears to be patching with a marker in some spots
4. Pujols writes not #5 but + 5
5. This autograph especially going to the S looks like it was carefully constructed poorly constructed but carefully.
6. Why would Topps put a sticker that high on that card a more logical place would be just above the 64 Walks

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts