Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Went to see the Phillies practice today!! Some nice auto's!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island
Took a 25 min drive this morning to see them since it was apparently their first full team practice.

Got there at 9:30, they started to come out and warm up at 10.

Pitchers and catchers practiced some fielding bunts and then they had batting practice. They split up and used 3 different fields. I watched Rollins, Victorino, Francisco, and a few others. Rollins is a REALLY guy. While he was waiting to bat he was talking to all the fans and seemed like he loved it. He ended up getting some girl to buy him a soda. :lol:

Practice ended around 12:30 and then I tried to get some auto's. 8 total i believe. One OMLB i got rob quinlen, ben francisco, wilson valdez, one of the coaches (i think henderson), and some minor league catcher kratz.

Charlie Manuel literally signed for everyone until he had no one else wanted his autograph, so got him on a 2009 world series baseball. Also, apparently no phillies fans knew who Ryne Sandberg was because when he signed a few no one really cared at first. Then they were like, "Oh it's him!" haha.

Then the last group of players called it a day and left. People started leaving then one philly came over to sign a few because apparently he promised someone. Some skinny 6 foot 5 darker skinned guy. I think you guys may know him. ;)

Before I left I decided to buy a $12 standing room only ticket for the 2/27 spring training game against the Yankees

Had a great time! Trying to decide on whether to go see the Yankees or Phillies again tomorrow.

Here are some pics of the 3 big auto's:

baseballmanuel.jpg

baseballsandberg.jpg

This ball has some marks on it for some reason. Should have used a different ball for him atleast. Love the inscription.

baseballbrown.jpg

:D

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island
Russ S. said:
Good stuff. Congrats.

thanks! wasnt really expecting much success as last year i went to 2 yankee practices and came away with just granderson and like 1 minor leaguer. did much better with the phillies

JTfor3

Mar 5, 2009
Awesome...so jealous. Can't wait for baseball to start. Phils are gonna be fun...really fun.

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island
AMAZIN HOF COLLECTOR said:
Great autos but why use black inK?

was waiting for someone to ask this. plain and simple. I didnt own a blue pen and didnt feel like stopping anywhere to buy one. My laziness is the reason :lol:

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island
PujolsCollector said:
Blue ink pens are your friend black will stab you in the back. Those autos are nice now in a few years they will be gone.

umm...no? i have used black ink in the past many times and they all look the same as they always have. These are the $15 OMLB's. The only bad experience I had was buying a dozen baseballs for like $2 each and having the ink bleed in rather quickly.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
numba1yankeefan said:
PujolsCollector said:
Blue ink pens are your friend black will stab you in the back. Those autos are nice now in a few years they will be gone.

umm...no? i have used black ink in the past many times and they all look the same as they always have. These are the $15 OMLB's. The only bad experience I had was buying a dozen baseballs for like $2 each and having the ink bleed in rather quickly.
What is your oldest black autograph on an OMLB

sdsportsfan1214

Aug 14, 2008
San Diego
PujolsCollector said:
numba1yankeefan said:
PujolsCollector said:

Cheap blank ink will fade on ROMLB's. I learned that lesson the hard way sadly. Always use blue Bic pens and Blue sharpies/Blue Staedlers for everything

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island
PujolsCollector said:
numba1yankeefan said:
PujolsCollector said:

i have a 1941 san francisco giants team signed baseball (with mel ott) all in black ink

but im sure your asking one I got in person. probably 10ish years ago. looks like i got it yesterday

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
May be stamps on the 1941 ball as this would have been a common process. Unless you got the ball in person. I will post pictures of what happens later after my phone charges and i can take a picture.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
sdsportsfan1214 said:
PujolsCollector said:
numba1yankeefan said:
PujolsCollector said:

Cheap blank ink will fade on ROMLB's. I learned that lesson the hard way sadly. Always use blue Bic pens and Blue sharpies/Blue Staedlers for everything
+ 1 Post Thanked for being autograph smart.

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island
PujolsCollector said:
May be stamps on the 1941 ball as this would have been a common process. Unless you got the ball in person. I will post pictures of what happens later after my phone charges and i can take a picture.

they arent stamps. ball was passed down in the family and I got it authenticated by JSA.

whatever though. i usually use blue ink anyway just couldnt find the pen and i didnt think i was going to have as much success

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts